PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new source of remaps.

aLumberJack
6th January, 2024, 06:46 PM
hi all. I used to get my remaps form a site called Dynomap.com who charged a small fee for a custom map, would simply upload the original file with a list of things required and you'd receive a modified file with in about an hour. I haven't remapped a car in a year or so. Since then the site is no longer active. Has anyone used any similar services and got any advice on somewhere I could source a remap for my BMW 118D?
thanks in advance

Dakta
6th January, 2024, 07:10 PM
I daresay you'll get every man and his monkey offering you a file for either free or a nominal rate, there's plenty of sites out there you can register too as well.

My own experience has been hit and miss, mostly miss (i.e you'll get some power but nobody actually gives a crap if you get near to your promised figures), so the advice I'd give is go with a provider who DEMANDS to see logs and adjusts as part of the tuning process.

I explorerd options a while back with online portals etc, reason being to save me time and allow me to focus on more custom jobs rather than the stage 1's, problem was nobody came close to their suggested figures on my dyno (where other cars I did did) and so I ended up having to pretty much do their job anyway.

Anyone who says an off the shelf file will be allright without seeing logs or needing some adjustment - full avoid.

57Tuning
6th January, 2024, 07:19 PM
hi all. I used to get my remaps form a site called Dynomap.com who charged a small fee for a custom map, would simply upload the original file with a list of things required and you'd receive a modified file with in about an hour. I haven't remapped a car in a year or so. Since then the site is no longer active. Has anyone used any similar services and got any advice on somewhere I could source a remap for my BMW 118D?
thanks in advance

if you still need remapping, feel free to contact me.
BR

aLumberJack
6th January, 2024, 08:13 PM
thanks for your input. the site I was using gave me what I needed every time. not sure if they were actually making a file or just ripping off someone else's. but the worked well. I appreciate hearing your experience.

aLumberJack
6th January, 2024, 08:14 PM
I daresay you'll get every man and his monkey offering you a file for either free or a nominal rate, there's plenty of sites out there you can register too as well.

My own experience has been hit and miss, mostly miss (i.e you'll get some power but nobody actually gives a crap if you get near to your promised figures), so the advice I'd give is go with a provider who DEMANDS to see logs and adjusts as part of the tuning process.

I explorerd options a while back with online portals etc, reason being to save me time and allow me to focus on more custom jobs rather than the stage 1's, problem was nobody came close to their suggested figures on my dyno (where other cars I did did) and so I ended up having to pretty much do their job anyway.

Anyone who says an off the shelf file will be allright without seeing logs or needing some adjustment - full avoid.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon1.png
thanks for your input. the site I was using gave me what I needed every time. not sure if they were actually making a file or just ripping off someone else's. but the worked well. I appreciate hearing your experience