PDA

View Full Version : When in Nagravision, it doesn't say my provider?

Panwage
2nd April, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hello.

I've followed the Sv5 tutorial step by step. Downloaded the 2.03 firmware and installed it.

Yet when I press 1570 to get to the nagravision menu, it doesn't tell me my provider at the top of the screen.

All I get is:
Provider ID: then four numbers
Key Number: Then 2 numbers
Key Data:

I know that I'm supposed to change a few numbers around when I find my provider, but the option to see if it is my provider doesn't show up!

(By the way its Virgin)

Does anyone have a clue as to why this doesn't appear?

I have attached a screen shot:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cdzyvo.jpg

cactikid
2nd April, 2010, 04:49 PM
read the tuts first
Digital Kaos - Downloads - SV5 tut (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/sv5-tut-955/)

Panwage
3rd April, 2010, 03:35 PM
I have read it.

If you cared to read my post, you'd see that I've stated that I've followed it step by step.

So no help there then.

I hate to sound rude, its just annoying when someone tells you to do something that you have clearly included in the post asking for help that you have already done that.

The tutorial just seems to be a way that people are pawning off on people who need genuine help.
Funnily enough, at least in my case the tutorial ISN'T the answer to my problems.

Panwage
3rd April, 2010, 03:51 PM
Just in case I missed something the previous 5 times I have tried the tutorial.
It finds channels, that isn't the problem.
However the ones with a dollar sign next to them will not show.

Would be very grateful if anyone has a reason to why this is happening, without just referring me to the Sv5 tutorial again.

I promise you, if you help me to get this working, I will become a valuable member of the community.
Helping people who are/was in a similar situation as I was as basically I would owe you; the forums and its members a huge favour.
I pledge my experience, all be it at this time none existent to you if you should happen to help me sort my problem.

Thanks.:top:

Panwage
3rd April, 2010, 03:52 PM
V2.03 is AU f/w, you dont need to change anything in nagravision.

You need to put keycode on and set default key.

Has your area migrated onto nagra3 now??

JoK

Apparently not.

I live in Wigan, in Lancashire.

My girlfriends dad has no problem viewing.

And thanks for answering that question bro.

Panwage
3rd April, 2010, 04:28 PM
Update: After scanning numerous times I have gotten it to work.

Thanks!

Now off to work, I'll fulfil my promise soon. :)

agent4bellies
3rd April, 2010, 04:30 PM
it's a quick fix, but what i did when my starview 2 was having trouble updating...i was able to download something called Keymaster V1.2 (available from this website) and manually enter everything (keycodes) that coinsided with vermin

hope this helps

wazman
3rd April, 2010, 10:13 PM
all you need to do is press set default key on cas sys page,then it will all be back.