PDA

View Full Version : astra G 1.8 'p' reg need pin

paul_12345
3rd April, 2010, 10:42 AM
My friends got a astra G 1.8 'p' reg that I need the pin to program a new key.

Do I need a TMS 370 to read the chip in the ecu?

Also does anyone know how easy and the cost to get the pin from vauxhall is he's in a rush to get it done?

Cheers

obdmaster
3rd April, 2010, 10:47 AM
My friends got a astra G 1.8 'p' reg that I need the pin to program a new key.

Do I need a TMS 370 to read the chip in the ecu?

Also does anyone know how easy and the cost to get the pin from vauxhall is he's in a rush to get it done?

Cheers

Yes m8, only way is to read tms370 from im*obiliser ecu or pay around ?25 from dealers for code. Might be worth using opcom to check vin in im*obiliser ecu m8. Just to check if its same as car. Just to be on safe side before spending ?25. As lots of these cars as old as 1996 have had donor units swapped to and from vehicles:santaclaus:

If your programming a key chip must be NEW id:40 also m8. Cant program used ones on this system m8

Last time ordered one from vauxhall customer had to take log book into dealership and think he got code in 1hr or 2

paul_12345
3rd April, 2010, 11:01 AM
cheers, I've been looking for a new programmer anyway so I'll get one that can read it, as he only want a spare and dont want to spend much on it.

Do you know if either the opcom or sbb clone can program the remote function too as might as well get him a spare remote key if they can.

:top:

paul_12345
3rd April, 2010, 11:06 AM
Also from looking at a past pin you supplied to someone I take it the pin is in plain form at 0x85, 0x0B5 and 0xE5.

Cheers

obdmaster
3rd April, 2010, 11:34 AM
cheers, I've been looking for a new programmer anyway so I'll get one that can read it, as he only want a spare and dont want to spend much on it.

Do you know if either the opcom or sbb clone can program the remote function too as might as well get him a spare remote key if they can.

:top:

opcom will do everything m8 :top:

Meat-Head
3rd April, 2010, 04:37 PM
opcom will do everything m8 :top:

Still not got round to trying mine yet, (nearly 6 months!).

As it does 'everything' could you explain how to cut down an oak tree with one?

Thanks

Meaty.