PDA

View Full Version : EDC 16C3 KTag Bricked?

qwertydev
21st January, 2024, 09:57 PM
Hello, i have an issue with readinng / writing an EDC16c3 after rewriting it with KTag.
Since this is an ECU i found in my workshop with no Information for it i tried with Ford C-Max 1600TCI GPDA (BDM MPC). Its only for testing (Thats the good Thing).
First i have read it with KTag succesfully after that I tried to rewrite it and while that i get an connection error. It could be that i dont have soldered the 8 Pins perfectly and get an connection error here.
So i resoldered it. After that i am not able to read / write it. (soldering is not the Problem i checked 3 Times with Trinocular)
Could it be that i destroyed bootloader? but i dont think this even is touched from KTag.

Tool: KTag Clone v7.020 with BOSCH EDC16 FORD/MAZDA (P11) with 13.2V supply

Error MSG:
---------------------------
KSUITE
Communication error with the ECU: control all connections; if the problem persists, send the LOG file to the assistance
OK
May someone help me here?

morgano
22nd January, 2024, 01:52 PM
You probably ~~~~ed the MPC, either by bad connecting position, or by bad/with joints welding on bdp port, or by using not insulated iron while welding and destroying MPC BDM port by overvoltage. That is my suspicion on your case.

qwertydev
22nd January, 2024, 05:59 PM
You probably ~~~~ed the MPC, either by bad connecting position, or by bad/with joints welding on bdp port, or by using not insulated iron while welding and destroying MPC BDM port by overvoltage. That is my suspicion on your case.
Thanks for your answer!
Is there an Option to Manually reflash complete MPC?

morgano
22nd January, 2024, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your answer!
Is there an Option to Manually reflash complete MPC?

A tool that supports edc16 service mode on bench.

qwertydev
22nd January, 2024, 06:16 PM

baltazar3
22nd January, 2024, 07:28 PM
Hello, i have an issue with readinng / writing an EDC16c3 after rewriting it with KTag.
Since this is an ECU i found in my workshop with no Information for it i tried with Ford C-Max 1600TCI GPDA (BDM MPC). Its only for testing (Thats the good Thing).
First i have read it with KTag succesfully after that I tried to rewrite it and while that i get an connection error. It could be that i dont have soldered the 8 Pins perfectly and get an connection error here.
So i resoldered it. After that i am not able to read / write it. (soldering is not the Problem i checked 3 Times with Trinocular)
Could it be that i destroyed bootloader? but i dont think this even is touched from KTag.

Tool: KTag Clone v7.020 with BOSCH EDC16 FORD/MAZDA (P11) with 13.2V supply

Error MSG:
KSUITE
Communication error with the ECU: control all connections; if the problem persists, send the LOG file to the assistance
OK
May someone help me here?
Buy BDM100...its cheap and safe...if MPC alive post Bosch Nr and SW nr here

qwertydev
22nd January, 2024, 07:48 PM

Hello, SW number is SW1037390597
Bosch HW Number Is: 0281011263
4m51-12A650-NE

i will buy BDM100 today

morgano
22nd January, 2024, 08:07 PM

I hope he hasn't fried BDM port on MPC. :-O

qwertydev
22nd January, 2024, 08:24 PM
I hope he hasn't fried BDM port on MPC. :-O

Do you know where this port is? is it visible? or under MCU? Maybe i can look for that also?

morgano
22nd January, 2024, 08:40 PM
Bdm port is inside the mcu, what you see on pcb is the pads to connect to it, they work at 3,3v level, if you made a mistake like the ones i described before the mpc can get the port phisically destroyed internally, and you cannot use it again, just remaining can/kline if the micro is still alive in its other functions.

qwertydev
22nd January, 2024, 08:46 PM
Bdm port is inside the mcu, what you see on pcb is the pads to connect to it, they work at 3,3v level, if you made a mistake like the ones i described before the mpc can get the port phisically destroyed internally, and you cannot use it again, just remaining can/kline if the micro is still alive in its other functions.

Ah i understand,
all left is to try with bdm100 if it arrives.
Good that this is only a test ecu^^
Thanks for your Help!