PDA

View Full Version : pls advise 3gs with FW 3.1.2 randomly turns offs

jumbopants
3rd April, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hi All,

4 days ago after just sending a txt mesage my 16GB 3GS just turned off as I was looking at it, purchased on Tesco contract(o2 network) Dec 09, came with 3.1.2 FW plus Modem FW 05.11.07 but must have the new bootrom as evertime I turn it off/or it decides to turn off itself you need to run blakrain again to boot it up..

After much searching over the last 4 days, the turn off randomly seems to be a common problem with some suggestions on how to fix, I've tried them all but it's still switching off with no warning, even though fully charged..

My dilema is, if I update to 3.1.3 to try and fix the random turn-off's, which is no guarantee that it will fix the issue then as far as I'm aware there is no way at present to jailbreak ? I am unable to restore to 3.1.2 cos I never done a backup/saved my shsh, plus as I'm on the new bootrom I am unable to load a modified firmware..

Can anyone confirm if I am correct in what I've said above, and basically I'm screwed, I need to somehow get rid of the random switch offs, which may be a hardware error but the only way to find out for sure is to start with a fresh new installed FW..

Or If I update to 3.1.3 to get rid of the jailbreak and take back to Tesco for a new phone, do you think there is any chance of the 3.1.2 firmware still being on the phones dished out ?

Would welcome any suggestions/advise, many thanks in advance..

daz24c
5th April, 2010, 10:51 PM
The blackrain jailbreak on 3gs is a tethered jailbreak that is why your phone keeps going off.if you have the older bootrom use snowbreeze instead to jailbreak it
google it for some more details

jumbopants
10th April, 2010, 05:52 PM
Was nothing to do with blackrain, which I fully understand how the tethered jailbreak works. Had to take back to apple as it was still the same after a FW update to 3.1.3 which I understand at present has no jailbreak.. The phone switched off with no warning in front of the Apple genius, so he instantly replaced for a new one..

Was hoping to get lucky and get FW 3.1.2, but was 3.1.3 so i'm screwed until a new jailbreak...

AAG321
13th April, 2010, 11:57 PM
Check out iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones (http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow)

Try the iREB tool