PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 2006 E53 Cranking no Start

TendedJoker46
30th January, 2024, 08:29 AM
Hey Everyone,

Had one of my team make a new key spare key to a 2006 BMW x5 3.0D. After making the key it started once and then went to program the remote in and then the vehicle would just crank and not start.

The vehicle has an EWS4 and Bosch EDC16C1 DDE/ECU.

I have tried using our Autel IM608 to do the re sync and adaptation, but it keeps failing and tools saying that the DDE and EWS are not a matching set. Have tried a couple of other Autel tools and Snap on to try the same process but no luck.

The live data can read the key number and says its good to start.

I have uploaded the EWS4 Eeprom read via the VVDI Prog and the EDC16C1 Eeprom and Flash's read by the VVDI Multi Prog.

Could someone see if these files all belong with each other? or see if there is any issues on this end thank you.

kiszka
30th January, 2024, 09:32 AM
Hey Everyone,

Had one of my team make a new key spare key to a 2006 BMW x5 3.0D. After making the key it started once and then went to program the remote in and then the vehicle would just crank and not start.

I have tried using our Autel IM608 to do the re sync and adaptation, but it keeps failing and tools saying that the DDE and EWS are not a matching set. Have tried a couple of other Autel tools and Snap on to try the same process but no luck.

I have uploaded the EWS4 Eeprom read via the VVDI Prog and the EDC16C1 Eeprom and Flash's read by the VVDI Multi Prog.

Could someone see if these files all belong with each other? or see if there is any issues on this end thank you.
https://mega.nz/file/Vqw3VYwC
save this eeprom to ews
pass on PM

erkor
30th January, 2024, 09:41 AM
Hey Everyone,

There is no ISN code saved in ews, therefore it does not work.
In ecu dme the ISN is 8C84

TendedJoker46
30th January, 2024, 10:38 AM
Thanks Kiszka and erkor,

I will try the fix tomorrow and hopefully it all works and let you know.

achaccha
30th January, 2024, 03:47 PM
Write please in EWS4 and start engine

Keep us informed, although EWS4 mostly handles long ISN, but the ecu in this case only has short ISN

TendedJoker46
31st January, 2024, 07:00 AM
Thanks to everyone that sent the files through. Loading one of the new files on and re sync/handshake between the EWS and DDE worked perfectly and then started with all keys.

Much appreciated with your help and will know what to do if i ever come across this issue again.