PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Eprom reader?

bonus2010
3rd April, 2010, 10:27 PM
I'd like to read memory dumps from radio security chips.

I've looked at the TMS 370, also PonyProg (from what I've read it looks as if you need to build this yourself)

Just wondering what is recommended that would cover the widest range of chips used in coded radios, and if there is any programmers that can read chips in-circuit?

info and help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

dimitar
3rd April, 2010, 10:40 PM
You need seeprog and upa

carclima
3rd April, 2010, 10:49 PM
I'd like to read memory dumps from radio security chips.

I've looked at the TMS 370, also PonyProg (from what I've read it looks as if you need to build this yourself)

Just wondering what is recommended that would cover the widest range of chips used in coded radios, and if there is any programmers that can read chips in-circuit?

info and help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If you realy plan to work on this for living then recomend small seeprog for all eproms 24xx93xx95xx work perfect cheap as original from elnec..UPA usb also nice tool for all other..pony is child toy,but we alls tart with something like pony..about reading in circuits..ic chip is 8 pin desolder it will be much easier and safest for youre work..but IF you need to read some motorola with 68 pins..I will try all what I know to read it on board..even IF I need make some adapter board or interface...my vote is for seeprog best tool I ever buyed (10 or more years ago)..advice: search and buy some nice 8 pin smd/dil adapter for today electronic and working with seeprog

regards !

bonus2010
4th April, 2010, 09:50 AM
Carchima & Dimitar, thank you both for your valuable information. Already looking into this programmer. I'm approaching this interest in decoding from a hobyist point of view, and hope if I could earn some money through decoding a radio - it will finanace cost of equipment. I once worked for an auto-electrician and used the Joule system - but as I understand that's a very expensive system - but I'd like to learn more about what's behind that system through using a stand-alone programmer.

Cheers.

carclima
4th April, 2010, 12:59 PM
Carchima & Dimitar, thank you both for your valuable information. Already looking into this programmer. I'm approaching this interest in decoding from a hobyist point of view, and hope if I could earn some money through decoding a radio - it will finanace cost of equipment. I once worked for an auto-electrician and used the Joule system - but as I understand that's a very expensive system - but I'd like to learn more about what's behind that system through using a stand-alone programmer.

Cheers.

even this is yust hoby try to make it in profesional way,Iam not quite familiar with Joule system.but working with programer is easy..all you need is to identified chip where code is store,find tool able to read this chip,then compare youre dump with dump with known code.there is lot of calculators for code from dump.even if you cant calculate code from this dump there is always somebody who can ..yust put youre dump here and sombody will solve it..for few sets there is also calculator from serial number of radio..anyway good luck with new tools

regards!

modemen
10th September, 2010, 12:17 AM
seeprog and upa

whiskeyman
6th August, 2011, 08:42 PM
hi lads

new to this eeprom stuff

i just got seeprog so what adaptor do i require to read 8 leg chips?

and where can i get it?

dimitar
10th August, 2011, 08:23 PM
hi lads

new to this eeprom stuff

i just got seeprog so what adaptor do i require to read 8 leg chips?

and where can i get it?

no adapter for DIP-DIL and for SOIC use wires on a DIL socket:tee:

alfons37
10th August, 2011, 08:57 PM
I recommended xeltek 580u

Alex_G
12th August, 2011, 01:05 PM
- seeprog (it's cheap, so buy original)
- upa-usb (it's cheap, so buy original)
- xprog-m (china), work perfect and cheap will cover also most motorola mcu