PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to read fault codes off a jeep renegade d flash file

neilp1990
3rd February, 2024, 11:21 PM
Hello, I am wondering if it possible for fault codes to be read from a crash data file (d flash file). I have been using airbagtool carprogtool and carhexedit for a while, for crashdata files to be cleared and have never had an issue with them, so im pritty certain the fault isnt there.

I now have someone thats claiming I haven't cleared it as his light is still on, I always double check file has written correctly with a comparison. He is claiming he is unable to plug it in as jeep renegade is not on a autel mk808 and that they dont cover that vehicle, I have one of these and it allows me. So im finding it all abit fishy and im starting to think he just hasn't repaired vehicle correctly and is trying to put the fault my end.

This is why im wondering if he sends the module back would i be able to read a fault code from the dflash file? so I can actually tell if the fault is my end or his end.

syon
4th February, 2024, 02:50 AM
It is not your fault they don't have the right tools. I would say the following:

I understand that your tool may not be equipped to read certain vehicles. I would recommend acquiring a tool suitable for the job and checking for any codes that might be present. Sometimes, clearing history codes is necessary to turn off the light and allow certain features to relearn. If you can bring your vehicle to my shop, I'd be happy to check for codes and clear them for you. Please note that there's an additional cost of $X for my time if that's all that's required. Let me know which steps you'd like to take.

Answering your question, no, there is no way to read codes from the airbag module.

They don't have the tool to read codes for this car. How can they be certain it's your fault? This doesn't make sense.

fuzz1
4th February, 2024, 05:41 AM
Hi
Why do you say there's no way to read code from an airbag module?

neilp1990
4th February, 2024, 12:09 PM
Thanks for help everyone

fuzz1
4th February, 2024, 07:09 PM
You can read the module using can lines on the bench.

neilp1990
4th February, 2024, 10:01 PM
dont mind me asking, where would you get the layout for the pins so you no which ones to connect upto to be able to read it, also would vvdi prog be able todo this? i am quite new to vvdi prog. If not what machine would you use to be able to do this, all I have at the moment is a couple diagnostics machines mainly todo with keys (km100, x100pad3, xhorse mini keytool) and then vvdi prog. I do like this vvdi prog, was suggested to get it instead of a clone on this dk and im happy I did, (I couldnt find the post where they told me about this, as i wanted to thank them) I no you always need more than one machine. Just not sure what step to take next on what tool to get next, so many out there and so hard to make a choice.