PDA

View Full Version : is it a starview 4 or 5?

drfeelgood
5th April, 2010, 06:00 PM
Hi Guys,

i'm new to the scene had my box for a couple of months, im unsure wether its a starview 4 or 5, i would be very grateful if someone could help me identify it, it currently has 1.07 firmware installed and on the left side on the front just says the box super usb, the reason why i need to know is becuase two weeks ago all my channels went dead, i did a factory reset and got a few more movie channels i didnt have but sly sports is down :( my friend lives in the same town and he got his sports back aswel, so im looking to upgrade my firmware to 1.12 however need to make sure im downloading the correct firmware for my box, all help is greatly appreciated

smoggy
5th April, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi and welcome to DK
you have the Starview 4

cactikid
5th April, 2010, 06:13 PM
sv4 has v1.04,new firmware is v1.12 for original boxes.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/box-super-usb-v1-12-a-19539/
do not insert or remove usb flash drive while box is powered on.

drfeelgood
5th April, 2010, 06:15 PM
thank you smoggy and cactikid im going to update the firmware now after lots of research, fingers crossed!

cactikid
5th April, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hi Guys,

i'm new to the scene had my box for a couple of months, im unsure wether its a starview 4 or 5, i would be very grateful if someone could help me identify it, it currently has 1.07 firmware installed and on the left side on the front just says the box super usb, the reason why i need to know is becuase two weeks ago all my channels went dead, i did a factory reset and got a few more movie channels i didnt have but sly sports is down :( my friend lives in the same town and he got his sports back aswel, so im looking to upgrade my firmware to 1.12 however need to make sure im downloading the correct firmware for my box, all help is greatly appreciated

nice to see a good post every now and again with all info given
and asking as well well done pity they are all not as easy:top::laugh:

drfeelgood
5th April, 2010, 06:38 PM
Sorry against forum rules see below post

drfeelgood
5th April, 2010, 06:41 PM
Sorry against forum rules see below post

drfeelgood
5th April, 2010, 06:45 PM
i have the first two signs of a genuine but the last of a clone, what should i do?

cactikid
5th April, 2010, 06:46 PM
if there is a heatsink under vents it will be a clone,only picture around was a sv1 box and clone not seen any other,most people will put it on any way as box is going any way your choice.

drfeelgood
5th April, 2010, 07:00 PM
woooohoooooooooo i have sky sports 1,2 back without doing a full rescan yet

drfeelgood
5th April, 2010, 07:35 PM
got them all now, lets just hope it lasts for a while! is there any way i can delete duplicate channels quickly?

smoggy
5th April, 2010, 07:46 PM
good to see you got your channels back

before you scan you should do a factory reset as this removes all dead channels etc, (you will have to turn keycode back on after reset)
however you will always get various duplicates of channels like BBC1 and the only way is to systematically remove them through the menu system