PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes C220 (W202) im*o off possible?

matekhr
5th April, 2010, 06:36 PM
Hello,
I have problems with this car. Car don't start, only two leds (red and green) on reverse mirror are flashing. It's 1996. petrol engine C220 with VDO engine ECU.
Here I have original dumps from ECU, im*o box and key.
Can anybody help me with im*o-off solution?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

tisa
5th April, 2010, 07:52 PM
Check batterie off the key first.

sogaro
5th April, 2010, 10:42 PM
try this and let's know, meanwhile remember to say thx

GolfmkI
5th April, 2010, 10:52 PM
Tale care, last week have one in my garage same problems exactly, and was a relay for the radiator fans..........fans works all time unless you remove the key?
I replace the relay and all worked again.

matekhr
6th April, 2010, 09:19 AM
Tale care, last week have one in my garage same problems exactly, and was a relay for the radiator fans..........fans works all time unless you remove the key?
I replace the relay and all worked again.

No, fans are not working. Car only cranks, but not start.

simon77
6th April, 2010, 10:15 AM
two things to check 1 look at the front of the key and if you hold down the button can you see red light.
2 if the car has interior sensors left and right then it has optional alarm which gooes wrong. if so remove passenger side front carpet you will see metal bracket pull down and remove extra alarm you will see the bridge for the reciver put back to original state.
shoul work then.
if you need any more info let me know

matekhr
6th April, 2010, 10:49 AM
two things to check 1 look at the front of the key and if you hold down the button can you see red light.
2 if the car has interior sensors left and right then it has optional alarm which gooes wrong. if so remove passenger side front carpet you will see metal bracket pull down and remove extra alarm you will see the bridge for the reciver put back to original state.
shoul work then.
if you need any more info let me know

1. yes, there is red light. IR diode is working, too.
2. I'll check, I don't know if there is alarm.

Thanks for your answer.

harryauto
6th April, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hel , the first , i want to know your key can remote ? start the car and the mirror red & green light flash , the problem is ata can not connect ecu , or ata is lock mode . detail to ask me and i can help u ...
E-mail : harry@harryauto.com
Harry

carclima
6th April, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hello,
I have problems with this car. Car don't start, only two leds (red and green) on reverse mirror are flashing. It's 1996. petrol engine C220 with VDO engine ECU.
Here I have original dumps from ECU, im*o box and key.
Can anybody help me with im*o-off solution?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

well my friend..these car is worked out in so many variations..some of them have only IR but in this year I think there is also transponder inside key?..remove carpet (coodriver foot area) and there you will found all what you need to know..post here all details ..central lock work via remote ?
regards from ex elprog member

jackeldestripador
7th April, 2010, 01:22 AM
so makekhr... did the files given to you from sogaro worked? i have the same problem as you with C220. if you want i can post bin files...
Pllz let me know. thanks in advance

addgsm
7th April, 2010, 12:18 PM
so makekhr... did the files given to you from sogaro worked? i have the same problem as you with C220. if you want i can post bin files...
Pllz let me know. thanks in advance

is the dump for immo or ecu?
br

matekhr
14th April, 2010, 08:21 AM
I didn't make it work. :(
I use only im*o file given by Sogaro (HC05), because I have 24c01 eeprom in ECU and not HC11E9, so I was unable to use this file. I tried everything described here, but without success.
I think I'll give up, I spent too much time for nothing... :(

hmb47000
14th April, 2010, 03:25 PM
I didn't make it work. :(
I use only im*o file given by Sogaro (HC05), because I have 24c01 eeprom in ECU and not HC11E9, so I was unable to use this file. I tried everything described here, but without success.
I think I'll give up, I spent too much time for nothing... :(
hi
last week i have same problem with a W210, 1996 with diesel engine, when i scan it with the Star, there is no communication between IFZ and ECU (no CAN communication), to shek this, you have to read KI's failure memory and look if you have not communication with ECU
regards

mercis
14th April, 2010, 04:33 PM
immobox death,

ben&m
22nd July, 2010, 09:38 PM
1. yes, there is red light. IR diode is working, too.
2. I'll check, I don't know if there is alarm.

Thanks for your answer.
step by step instructions to snc my new key on my w202 c220 96 model merc please

nothing
22nd July, 2010, 11:45 PM
Hello , you have DAS 2 system , i think you can repair that fault with im*o killer , you need to remove the 05 and remove the 24c01 ,

ray978
23rd July, 2010, 12:01 AM
this problem is understood to me many times. The defect is always the main relay. perform internal welds.

agabna
23rd July, 2010, 10:50 PM
hello
if the key is working (open and close central lock)
and u have fault in ecu is not finding ifz
that mean the ifz is good
u have to check the green and white wire from the ifz to the ecu
and some times the das cant find ifz but it working
it normal problem

zoranjo
24th July, 2010, 12:41 PM
This damp programming in immo box
work 100%

espionage
26th July, 2010, 03:25 PM
HELP !!!

I have same problem Mercedes C250 - 1996 Turbo Diesel,

Unlock doors with key does not work.
The green and red flash light FLASH interchangebly.

I changed battery.

Problem still the same, cant unlock doors with remote key.
Only when i stick key in passengers door car will open.

What should i do??
Thanx in advance for any help !!!!!

marinero123
26th July, 2010, 09:06 PM
HELP !!!

I have same problem Mercedes C250 - 1996 Turbo Diesel,

Unlock doors with key does not work.
The green and red flash light FLASH interchangebly.

I changed battery.

Problem still the same, cant unlock doors with remote key.
Only when i stick key in passengers door car will open.

What should i do??
Thanx in advance for any help !!!!!

try this (att) and check for fuses ...
good luck !

espionage
27th July, 2010, 09:07 AM
Thank you very much,

Where do i find the fuses?

Thanks again!!

ramhalo
27th July, 2010, 09:19 AM
This damp programming in immo box
work 100%

Will this dump work for any merc immo in the w202 cos mine is a C270 97.

espionage
27th July, 2010, 10:19 AM
i am trying to disconnect the immobilizer,

i have pulled out the 2 cables (1 with lot of cables, 1 with 2 cables) out of my immobilizer (black box under false floor of feet copilote)), the car still doesn't start.
anyone knows how to disable immobilizer for Mercedes C250 1996 diesel?

thanks

Ru hacker
29th July, 2010, 03:34 PM
i am trying to disconnect the immobilizer,

i have pulled out the 2 cables (1 with lot of cables, 1 with 2 cables) out of my immobilizer (black box under false floor of feet copilote)), the car still doesn't start.
anyone knows how to disable immobilizer for Mercedes C250 1996 diesel?

thanks
read 1fz..post the dump

MyC220
11th May, 2020, 07:14 AM
Hi everyone,

This particular problem drove me CRAZY for a year! I had the red green red lights flashing in the mirror. I could crank but not start my 1995 C220. I thought it was an immobiliser issue. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel relay, fuel regulator, crankshaft sensor, sent the Engine Control Unit (ECU) to America for modification (immo off) got the MB dealer out (who couldn't diagnose the problem or even read the codes BUT still charged me $190! From checking many,many websites and Youtube I finally found one comment - just one line that said check your Over Voltage Protection (OVP) Relay. (relay in that silver box with the fuse next to OBD port).

I did and that was it! That was my problem fixed! Easiest way to check the OVP is to open the relay case and push the bottom relay with a plastic pen (with key in position 2) and you should hear the fuel pump and injectors come to life...and you can start your car. Order a new OVP relay (around $100) and you are good to go!

I hope my post helps someone as this was a major, major issue for me and i hope I can save another member from all this heartache! I was about to junk my car and send it to the wreckers as no one - not even the MB Dealer could diagnose the fault!