PDA

View Full Version : 98' polo motometer dash

jasonk
5th April, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi, wondering can i solder wires on to the clusher plug pins to read the mileage and if so what colour wires on what pins 5=earth 11=live or even a picture of where to put the wires on the board please i have an in circuit program adapter

Regards jason

mastaflex
6th April, 2010, 12:40 PM
you have to dissolder chip and read external

verica
6th April, 2010, 02:04 PM
try this work 100%:beer:

jasonk
6th April, 2010, 09:37 PM
hi lads this dash is awful hard got apart the two little screens for the clock and the mileage run through the outside plasticcover and they are stopping me from getting to the chips

drpeter
7th April, 2010, 06:21 AM
hi lads this dash is awful hard got apart the two little screens for the clock and the mileage run through the outside plasticcover and they are stopping me from getting to the chips

Buy a cheap vagtacho cable and do it by OBD2. This cluster isn't hard to take apart, but you need some experience.

jasonk
7th April, 2010, 10:46 AM
Buy a cheap vagtacho cable and do it by OBD2. This cluster isn't hard to take apart, but you need some experience.

Experience is the key alright but we all have to start somewhere.how do thet come apart plz...

MOBILTRONIC
7th April, 2010, 10:51 AM
Vag eepromer 1.18 or yellow 1.3 work this dash and use KK interface based on mc33199 or 33290 chips.

drpeter
7th April, 2010, 11:16 AM
Experience is the key alright but we all have to start somewhere.how do thet come apart plz...

Post picture of cluster please, there a different types, then I can answer your question.

djwacik
7th April, 2010, 06:25 PM
How would you like to do this cluster by OBD when it is not connected to K-Line???

drpeter
7th April, 2010, 07:20 PM
How would you like to do this cluster by OBD when it is not connected to K-Line???

Polo 1998-UP can normally be done by OBD2 (k-line) except TRW cluster but this is Motometer. Maybe this car has an old cluster motometer that's why I asked for a picture.

carclima
7th April, 2010, 07:26 PM
Polo 1998-UP can be done by OBD2 (k-line) except TRW cluster but this is Motometer

I am not sure in that..this is old dash,with 93c46(I think) and you can make it via dash conector(3 pin) or removing eeprom..comon man how hard can be dismantle some device from 98 ? IF this is hard for you then you are definitly on wrong way in youre busines..

drpeter
7th April, 2010, 07:38 PM
I am not sure in that..this is old dash,with 93c46(I think) and you can make it via dash conector(3 pin) or removing eeprom..comon man how hard can be dismantle some device from 98 ? IF this is hard for you then you are definitly on wrong way in youre busines..

I think he has the old motometer version indeed, programming on the back ( 3 pins) is only possible with software versions 4 till 6.4. Software 3.0 or 3.1 is more difficult, you have to remove needles and desolder the LCD pins to turn the mainboard and reach the eprom.

djwacik
7th April, 2010, 08:23 PM
You are right that there was a cluster change during 1998 MY. Only a few first cars from that model year had older dash (like Golf III). I was wrong.

jasonk
8th April, 2010, 02:17 PM
I think he has the old motometer version indeed, programming on the back ( 3 pins) is only possible with software versions 4 till 6.4. Software 3.0 or 3.1 is more difficult, you have to remove needles and desolder the LCD pins to turn the mainboard and reach the eprom.

yes this one the lcd is holding the plastic to the board because there soldered through i just taught there was a way of doin it off the pins on the back

jasonk
8th April, 2010, 02:20 PM

I have done loadz of cars new and old just taught there was a handy way of doing this out on the table instead of disasemble it there is about 15 or 20 pins on the lcd screens to be desoldered the needles are off but they hod it together

jasonk
9th April, 2010, 03:45 PM
Post picture of cluster please, there a different types, then I can answer your question.

Heres a picture of the dash apart i desolderd the lcd's
Thanks for all your help

carclima
10th April, 2010, 06:56 PM
Heres a picture of the dash apart i desolderd the lcd's
Thanks for all your help

Ok myne god !!! you manage to do that....

sory yust litle fun on youre account..be sure to clean holes on pcb before asembly..

regards!

jasonk
10th April, 2010, 07:24 PM
Ok myne god !!! you manage to do that....

sory yust litle fun on youre account..be sure to clean holes on pcb before asembly..

regards!

Ha ha ha oh yes i will do

martin292009
12th May, 2010, 12:36 AM
vdo? motometer? trw? you need dumps?

z786
12th May, 2010, 02:11 AM
vdo? motometer? trw? you need dumps?

i dont think you are actually READING the post properly mate, your jus postin random sh*t bumpin old posts back 2 the top???

solar
24th July, 2010, 03:46 PM
Dont want to open new thread,just quick question:
Polo 98-00,Motometer,cant adjust mileage with obd cable,try with Diga and SuperVag4.8...