PDA

View Full Version : KESS V2 REWORKING ISSUE

Smart66
29th February, 2024, 04:07 PM
I've already read a lot about KESS reworking in this (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/470321-Kess-V2-Harware-Rework-FREE-SOLUTION!) topic but I didn't solve issue completely. Firstly, I've got WAKE UP ERROR via OBDII port and BOOT mode. Micro SD card is changed with high quality one so that error had disappeared. In BOOT mode ID/READ/WRITE works properly but nothing via OBDII port is working properly. When I try to ID ECU via OBDII port it throws me a second error ERROR TO OPEN THE FILE WHILE READING . I couldn't find anything related to second error. Anyone knows anything about it? My PCB looks like high quality one with: murata filter, high quality capacitors, NXP Chip, RAM memory etc. What exactly should be changed on that PCB?

Smart66
29th February, 2024, 06:58 PM
I really can't find anything related to ERROR TO OPEN THE FILE WHILE READING :( This error looks strage!

morgano
1st March, 2024, 01:59 PM
How did you remade the SD card?

Smart66
1st March, 2024, 02:42 PM
How did you remade the SD card?

Firsty, I've formatted microSD card to FAT32 and put that formatted card into KESS. After that I extracted micro SD files to Update folder of Ksuite and run Ksuite so update process started. Only this way is working. Mounting img file to microSD directly using imageUSB didn't work because it throws error Protocol not found :(

morgano
1st March, 2024, 03:44 PM
Where did you get the sd update pack? There is a thread in this forum by berghman where i uploaded the first and correct update pack for 5.017. Find it, use it and try again.

Smart66
1st March, 2024, 04:36 PM
That is your update pack Update SD5.017.rar from this (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/713605-Kess-5-017-how-to-read-SD-card-or-create-a-new-SD-card?p=3645247&viewfull=1#post3645247) thread. I've already tried a few different high quality SD cards and older versions of Ksuite but nothing had changed :(

morgano
1st March, 2024, 04:39 PM
Then maybe you should try uning another DB25->OBDII cable, just in case yours is deffective.

Another thing… what ksuite version are you using? The one that match the 5.017 hardware is ksuite 2.22 that is the originally supplied by the russians who created the clone. Any newer coocked version of ksuite gives nothing but problems with some protocols.

Smart66
1st March, 2024, 04:54 PM
I've tried 2.53, 2.7 and 2.8 versions but always the same error. Where can I find this 2.22 Ksuite? Can I use 2.25 version instead? Two different KESS tools ordered from different sellers had the same issue. Perhaps is something wrong in OBD2 cable in manufacturing process. Older versions of KESS worked fine via OBD2 port.