PDA

View Full Version : chorus mmds

challah
6th April, 2010, 03:39 PM
hi to all
sorry i have not been around for a while need to know what is the status of mmds in cork
also a mate has a box with a doctored card that no longer works can anybody explain

brainwave
6th April, 2010, 03:52 PM
hi to all
sorry i have not been around for a while need to know what is the status of mmds in cork
also a mate has a box with a doctored card that no longer works can anybody explain

Yep they have changed the encryption to N3, which is not cracked, so any person that owns a modded card they will all be dead.

As for mmds, if you are on ntl it is also the same for that service, so you will have to either have to take a sub out from sky, or upc, end of the road for dodgy boxes.:manutop:

tomhick024
6th April, 2010, 10:10 PM
Yep they have changed the encryption to N3, which is not cracked, so any person that owns a modded card they will all be dead.

As for mmds, if you are on ntl it is also the same for that service, so you will have to either have to take a sub out from sky, or upc, end of the road for dodgy boxes.:manutop:

Wrong Info, Chxrus mmds is not gone fully to N3, the N1 stream is still fully active but N3 is on test with some custumers receiving new cards a few months back.
So there is some other fault thats causing op's problem!

red devil
7th April, 2010, 01:22 AM

the card simply needs to be re-programmed

As for mmds, if you are on ntl it is also the same for that service, .:manutop:

mmds as tomhick has said is still working fine

So there is some other fault thats causing op's problem!

there appears to be problems with some boxes tom :top:

challah
7th April, 2010, 07:34 AM
thanks to all for your replys
great info sorry i did not have time to get get back sooner
one more thing regarding the card which is mmds anybody know what programmer is needed or best for that matter
thanks again

red devil
7th April, 2010, 09:34 AM
a standard pheonix proggy will do, you will get a cheap one for about ?20
would be worth it if you get a few months out of it ;)

Fano
11th May, 2010, 01:39 AM
So the end of the English football season has come and passed and Chorus MMDS still hasnt switched to N3.
Thats another rumoured deadline missed to go along with about 4 others I heard mentioned going back over 6 months .
Might get a few more months out of it yet.

pudzy
11th May, 2010, 07:32 AM
So the end of the English football season has come and passed and Chorus MMDS still hasnt switched to N3.
Thats another rumoured deadline missed to go along with about 4 others I heard mentioned going back over 6 months .
Might get a few more months out of it yet.

what"s the odd s ch8rus will be workin for start of preimership , pretty good i say, :knuddel:

DJLJ
12th May, 2010, 12:53 PM
Just gotten the mail last week saying to upgrade the UPC box with new firmware and that a new card is coming, so guess it is getting closer to the end of the road, atleast for me.

EDIT: Came home today and there it was, the new UPC card with nagravision written on the back. Nice.

Fano
12th May, 2010, 09:48 PM
Just gotten the mail last week saying to upgrade the UPC box with new firmware and that a new card is coming, so guess it is getting closer to the end of the road, atleast for me.

EDIT: Came home today and there it was, the new UPC card with nagravision written on the back. Nice.

They are still sending out new cards so,they cant switch over to N3 until all cards have been sent out.
Christ they are slow to do things.

DJLJ
14th May, 2010, 10:23 AM
Got a txt message from them yesterday, to reply with DONE, if I had successfully switched the cards. Safe to say I haven't replied.

challah
15th May, 2010, 04:23 AM
sorry to say but looking at your posts the end may be close

DJLJ
15th May, 2010, 07:27 PM
Yup I am fully aware of this. My guess is they are trying to get the switchover done in time for the World Cup, but that is just a guess though. I'd say I have at max a couple of weeks left. Ah well, was good while it lasted.

stan654
15th May, 2010, 10:25 PM
got mine in atha luain around xmas so their well slow..