PDA

View Full Version : replacement scenic key

happy motorist
6th April, 2010, 03:49 PM
My renault scenic has been playing up and my son soldered the sensor on it inside.It worked for a while then the battery appeared to go.This has happened twice in a month now.Just bought new batteries again but its not working.Phoned renault and they said i would have to have the car towed to them and after 2 weeks they could program a new key for me
Is this how it works? I would never buy renault again as i am now stuck with out a cat

happy motorist
6th April, 2010, 03:50 PM
Car that is

jimdollar
6th April, 2010, 04:05 PM
If its an older Scenic with the central locking button you can bypass the immobiliser , go to the BBa Reman site , they have a free program in which you can obtain a code and key in a number using your cenral locking button to switch off the immobiliser, if your is newer and you don,t have this its a bit more difficult. :beer:

radiosolutions
6th April, 2010, 06:29 PM
My renault scenic has been playing up and my son soldered the sensor on it inside.It worked for a while then the battery appeared to go.This has happened twice in a month now.Just bought new batteries again but its not working.Phoned renault and they said i would have to have the car towed to them and after 2 weeks they could program a new key for me
Is this how it works? I would never buy renault again as i am now stuck with out a cat
open up the keyfob m8,inside u will find a ic or chip ,resolder legs on this,but be very careful as they are very fine,this will cure the problem m8,as it goes dry jointed,hope this helps