PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 500c gone haywire

idrees
9th April, 2008, 02:40 PM
how can i reset my dream box as it has gone tits up

where shall i start

it turned of yesterday so i came to look for a new image or keys i tried to upload the dw image using dreamup dat just sent the box haywire now it is just a blank screen with a solid green light, do i have to rebuild the box if so how do i do this??????
:(:(:(

mpmaho2
9th April, 2008, 02:46 PM
Join the club. I tried to flash mine and now it's black screen and green light also.

aftermath
9th April, 2008, 03:03 PM
Guys dont bother trying to flash this and that just yet, we are all in the same boat here, Please read the relevent posts carefully, you will find the answers in there no question, the boxes have been hit over the last 2 days and we are trying to find a solution, the only way is to manually add the keys at the moment.

Please read in the cable section to keep up to date whats happening.

mpmaho2
9th April, 2008, 03:12 PM
I know most people are just trying to recover from the scramble, but my problem is slightly different.
My technofobe mate lost his channels, so he just pushed buttons like hell until he nearly killed the machine. Was a struggle just to get the menu up.

I figured a flash was the only answer. I would gladly have a fuctional box for him with scrambled channels right now.

My own box is in the same boat at most users, working fine, but scrambled channels. My mates box is just dead apart from the power led like idrees problem, I think.

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 03:22 PM
If your box is dead, reflash it with Dreamup and a null modem cable. That's the only way to recover a dead dreambox.

Flashing a dreambox with Dreamup (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33)

mpmaho2
9th April, 2008, 03:25 PM
will have a go when I get a cable. Thanks

idrees
9th April, 2008, 03:27 PM
how do u add keys manually??? i have just managed to get my box to the way it was yesterday but the encrypted symbol is lit up so no channels are showing apart from the free ones

i have pressed the blue button and tried to reset the emu but no joy!

thommo
9th April, 2008, 03:49 PM
how do u add keys manually??? i have just managed to get my box to the way it was yesterday but the encrypted symbol is lit up so no channels are showing apart from the free ones

i have pressed the blue button and tried to reset the emu but no joy!

there wont be any real joy till theres an AU fix mate, even if you do manage to update the keys chances are it'll go down again in no time, they keep changing them, my last attempt at a key chance lasted 10 minutes then it went off again.

adding keys is a temp fix but how long they'll last is anybodies guess.

there instructions to add the keys, click the link at the top of the forum (cable keys fix) and it will take you to the thread with the instructions.

theftz
10th April, 2008, 12:40 PM
Looks like my dreambox is in the same boat. No channel list and not finding a transponder to even search for channels. Thinking i'm going to have to reflash. Any ideas on how to download DW 2.0?

allycoops
10th April, 2008, 12:45 PM
Its in the downlaods mate, just keep trying the site updates your postcount and permissions once an hour approx, you have enough posts so just be patient and try downlaods again

wizz240166
10th April, 2008, 04:15 PM
either write protect keys.txt or turn off auto update,
will only work untill next key change though,
and they doing 2 a day at mo, so may be better to wait for an auto update fix.
cheers ...wizz

scurders
11th April, 2008, 09:03 PM
The "dream" button on my box isn,t working, hasn,t been for awhile, will flashing it using dreamup fix this?

scurders
11th April, 2008, 09:51 PM
I forgot to add..I,ve had the box flashed once before from the guy I bought it from although whether or not this caused the dream button to stop working i have no idea..when i press it you can see the box is recieving some sort of signal as the green button on the box flickers

thommo
11th April, 2008, 09:58 PM
you need to be a bit clearer mate, what box is it, whats the problem? as ive no idea at present what you mean. ive never even heard of a "dream button".

if you explain what box and what the prob is we can help, although based on the last few days id say its a key issue and not an image issue.

Devilfish
11th April, 2008, 10:05 PM
The Dream button is on the larger style remotes so you must have a dm600 or a dm7025. ;)

Don't think you really need the dream button for anything either.

And is this a key issue or not?

scurders
11th April, 2008, 11:44 PM
Its most definately a DM500C box. When i first bought the box this button worked and it had options for scanning for channels and stuff like that, after awhile (im not sure when) this stopped working. The channels on the box have been jumbled up for some time now but ive just lived with it, only in the last few days have I been unable to watch anything other than BBC, ITV etc etc. Understand that im completely new to this and when you talk about keys and such , its goin straight over my head.I would normally take it to a guy who charges a tenner to flash it and update the bouquets but, seein as ive got the equipment to do it myself and im quiet interested in it...why not do it myself.

thommo
11th April, 2008, 11:48 PM
Its most definately a DM500C box. When i first bought the box this button worked and it had options for scanning for channels and stuff like that, after awhile (im not sure when) this stopped working. The channels on the box have been jumbled up for some time now but ive just lived with it, only in the last few days have I been unable to watch anything other than BBC, ITV etc etc. Understand that im completely new to this and when you talk about keys and such , its goin straight over my head.I would normally take it to a guy who charges a tenner to flash it and update the bouquets but, seein as ive got the equipment to do it myself and im quiet interested in it...why not do it myself.

in that case have a butchers at this and you may be a few mins away from your goal.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1035

allycoops
11th April, 2008, 11:51 PM

dont take your box to anyone again mate , ever, This site is about getting rid of traders and everybody being able to do it them selfs and helping others who cant,

stick at it, you'll get there Bud

Devilfish
11th April, 2008, 11:53 PM
If you pay one more cent to get something done to that box I'll personally come round to your house and knock 4 different colours of sh!t out of you! :roflmao:

Here's a guide to step you through setting up the bouquets.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=16

If it's all jumbled up, a factory reset is always a good idea, gets back to basics. Then do a channel scan, setup your bouquets, and then get your keys sorted. We'll be here when you mess it up lol. ;)

Only kiddin m8, get stuck in!

gaz36f
24th August, 2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks. Very useful. Best wishes, Gaz

airmaster
1st December, 2009, 11:15 PM
hi gentlemen

I am in dire need of some help..my box when switched on only shows a solid green LED light, nothing else.

It won't even speak when connected to the dream up loader.

I would be really greatful for any help from you good guys out there

smoggie
1st December, 2009, 11:26 PM
If your box wont show up when connecting with dream up, then you may need to jtag your box. are you only using a null modem cable when trying to connect with dreamup??

datok
8th November, 2010, 11:07 AM
Thank you. Will try it out.

crazyman11
11th November, 2010, 11:27 PM
HELP HELP HELP! i have a dreambox 500 s my channels are slowly vanishing into thin air lol.. well im not as brainy as most of you on here and my channels are going off some one told me i had to re scan for them but when i bought the box i forgot my passowrd i have no clue how to use the box so how di i reset it please try to make it as simple as you can?

aftermath
11th November, 2010, 11:33 PM
HELP HELP HELP! i have a dreambox 500 s my channels are slowly vanishing into thin air lol.. well im not as brainy as most of you on here and my channels are going off some one told me i had to re scan for them but when i bought the box i forgot my passowrd i have no clue how to use the box so how di i reset it please try to make it as simple as you can?

welcome to reality.

time to get used of no free tv, its the same for all cable users in the UK

plasterer
12th November, 2010, 12:39 AM

500s
or 500c....................paul

crazyman11
12th November, 2010, 01:23 AM
its not through cable though its a sky!

crazyman11
12th November, 2010, 01:23 AM
help??? im confused