PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Ram 2014 Hemi Engine Runtime synch Ipc and Pcm.

rob h
22nd March, 2024, 08:52 PM
Dodge Ram 2014 Hemi Engine Runtime synch Ipc and Pcm.

In the dash, it stated. Runtime total hours = Idle + driven. (total about 5500h)

These hours dont match with the replaced engine total runtime in seconds. ( should be 5500h x 60x60 = 198000000seconds.

The replacement ecu. I can match the Mileage, but i want also want to up the hours. (only about 3000hours need to be 5500h)
Compare to another Ram, these should match exact.

I can change the hours, in the IPC, but these are correct.
So, i performed a hard reset, and a few power down, power up cycles.

Perhaps in the following days, these will allign?

Or can i do a synch, is there such a function in Cda6?
Lots off values, i can read, some i can rewrite. Not these hours.
Is it possible? With cda6. And Alfaob, does not show any hours function. Only mileage function.

lucas7117
24th March, 2024, 01:24 AM
Sooo basically you need adjust ml in ecu?

Etownbrawler
24th March, 2024, 06:41 AM
Yes with Alfaobd you can write the engine hours and idle hours in the cluster . With Alfaobd you chose Ram 1500 ds/dx/dt Instrument panel
My 2013+ powernet and under active diagnostics you scroll down to ''Program customer features'' and it will show ''select opinions'' there you can set lifetime engine hours and idle hours to what you need it will ask you if you got the 3.5 inch display or 7 inch . To change the mileage in the pcm you chose ''engine'' and under active diagnostics scroll down to ''write odometer'' that writes the mileage you want or need to the pcm.

rob h
26th March, 2024, 11:30 PM
No, i need to change the hours, in the pcm upwards.

Yes, i can change them in the dash. Using CDA6.
But in the dash, they are allready correct. This is the oem dash.

The pcm hours, They need to become higher, in this replacement pcm.

I see a mileage transfer option, from dash miles , to pcm.
But his does not transfer hours from dash to pcm. Or any function to write these using either cda6 or Alfaobd.

So i will read the car again in a few days or weeks, and check, perhaps it alligned itself.