PDA

View Full Version : dreambox service scan fatal error

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 04:07 PM
hi
i just flashed ma dreambox to the dreamworld image now whenever i do a service scan it gives me a fatal error like this

Couldn't open servicefile- create
var/tuxbox/config/enigma!

i have checked and enigma is there then y is it giving me a fatal error

thnx in advance

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 04:16 PM
I would reflash the image again or do a factory reset.

SETUP > EXPERT SETUP > Factory reset

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 04:24 PM
shall i use the same img for reflashing as i really like it or do i have to use another img

thommo
9th April, 2008, 04:25 PM
shall i use the same img for reflashing as i really like it or do i have to use another img

same image if you want mate...its your box ;)

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 04:26 PM
Just use the same image, sometimes that happens.

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 04:29 PM
thank u very much for ur support

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 04:33 PM
i just did the scan again and it worked fine
didnt give me any errors

but i m not getting skysports 1 and 3 can any1 help me
thnx in advance

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 04:34 PM
Thats the key problem that everyone else in the UK is experiencing.

See here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1035

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 04:36 PM
but these channels are not even in the list is this a key problem as well?????

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 04:47 PM
OK...if you are actually missing the channels from the main list then that is a low signal problem, sorry.

Every time you split the cable or add long cabling, it decreases the signal strength. Remove any splitters and connect the dreambox to the main feed coming into the house. Do another scan and see if all the channels come in now. If they do, then you know that by adding splitters etc you have decreased your signal strength. You will need to get a booster to boost the signal if you want to add the splitter again.

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 04:50 PM
but the image i had before in my box recieved all these channels. is it something to do with the img

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 04:55 PM
Some boxes might prefer certain images, there's no definite answer to that!

You just gotta play around, find out what image works best.

If you had success with a previous image, flash that again and see if it's still good.

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 04:57 PM
ok thank u very much

crazyman11
5th April, 2011, 02:34 AM
i have the same problem confused.com i am a total noob at this stuff ive bought my box a dm500s and its been working perfectly fine till earlier today i downloaded a gemini server and then it started working after deleting and writing over the old flash, i did this manually in the expert setup/update

i have not touched anything else everything is working perfectly fine but the problem is when i scan my services it does it perfectly until the last 5 seconds and brings the same message up you have said to do a factory re set i am just wondering if i do a factory reset will i lose everything as i have bought this box of someone and not set it up my self please help?