PDA

View Full Version : Whats happens if........

KillerDog
6th November, 2008, 10:04 PM
Can i ask a really silly question.....What happens if vermin and the cops come round to your house to check out your stuff and they dont find any devices attached to their feed but they find a cable modem or stb in your home.Can u say its for educational purposes. Im just wondering, as ive been reading about the crack downs and wonder how some people( not me ) will get around this small problem......

Devilfish
6th November, 2008, 10:19 PM
First of all, you don't need to let them in unless they have a warrant.

I remember reading a post a year or so ago which said that the law as changing. Before, if you owned the box, it was ok as long as it wasn't connected to a feed. The T&C of Virgin say that you cannot connect any other devices to it's feed. But the post said that the law was changing so that even if you own a box, and it's in a cupboard or up the loft, you were still breaking the law because you own a device that could defraud cable. So things like programmers, glitchers, smartcards, etc. would all come under this category. Not sure if this is true or not, I couldn't find anything to confirm it.

KillerDog
7th November, 2008, 12:42 AM
Oh right, ok, thanks for the info. I was just being nosey. If i dont ask, i wont learn :)

Bonesy
8th November, 2008, 08:21 PM
Simpy dont let them in:)
Tell thme not good time, call back later or another day...then just remove and replace you dreambox with standard kit.

KillerDog
8th November, 2008, 10:35 PM
I was just being nosey really. Ive not had my box that long, and i dont actually watch tv much, so i hope im safe.I was just being nosey so thought id post and ask for a questions on on this great forum :)