PDA

View Full Version : HELP! IPHONE NOT RESPONDING AFTER DELETING ALL DATA! HELP!

PAUL7331
8th April, 2010, 12:45 PM
Hi guys, I am (or was?) on OS 3.0 with a jailbroken/unlocked i-phone 2G 8GB. I am selling this in a few days and used the 'erase and delete all data' setting. This was all good but now it wont respond! I can ut phone in to de-bug mode by holding power and home buttons in for 10 secs and it recognises the phone, BUT when I try to restore it, the only option it gives me is to 'restore and update' which i DO NOT WANT to do as this will lock the phone? I basically need to unlock the phne and jailbreak it so that my mate who buys it as it as a fresh iphone. Whats the best way I can do this? Ive heard I cant use black snow as this wont work with the latest itunes for my mate who buys it? HELP!!!

daz24c
8th April, 2010, 01:04 PM
Cant u download some older firmware then hold shift when you click restore and it allows you to choose the firmware from your computer instead of puttting the 3.1.3 as it would normally

PAUL7331
8th April, 2010, 01:16 PM
Cant u download some older firmware then hold shift when you click restore and it allows you to choose the firmware from your computer instead of puttting the 3.1.3 as it would normally

Ok, so could I download 3.0 or the new 'cracked 3.12 firwmare and restore with that? Would that work? And does the firmware I download HAVE TO BE cracked??

daz24c
8th April, 2010, 01:27 PM
I have a 3gs and i cant use a jailbreak on 3.1.3 but i can on older firmware.if you get 3.1.2 then restore using that blackr4in should jailbreak it.might sound daft but have u heard of blackr4in?

PAUL7331
8th April, 2010, 04:32 PM
I have a 3gs and i cant use a jailbreak on 3.1.3 but i can on older firmware.if you get 3.1.2 then restore using that blackr4in should jailbreak it.might sound daft but have u heard of blackr4in?

Ive heard of blackrain mate yes but im worried that the guy I sell it too wont be able to use the lATEST version ofitunes with blackrain and he wont know a work around!!

Could I simply do this to get my 2g iphone unlocked and jailbroken?? --- iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows) (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7436)

daz24c
8th April, 2010, 05:01 PM
That should be fine mate.give it a go if you get stuck just ask again.remember to hold shift when you click restore or you'll get 3.1.3