PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Volkswagen Passat - Help with BCM Replacement

syon
15th April, 2024, 05:01 AM
I am currently working on a 2013 Volkswagen Passat, Diesel model, equipped with a push-start ignition. Unfortunately, I fried the BCM (Body Control Module) due to incorrect positioning of the jump cables while attempting to jump-start the vehicle. (Why do they mark the black cable as red?)

Despite my attempts, I was unable to repair the BCM by replacing the damaged diodes. Consequently, my next step is to locate a used BCM and replace the damaged one. However, reprogramming it, especially considering it's a push-start system, is unfamiliar territory for me (I do have some tools and programs but my issue is not being able to turn ignition on). I have no prior experience with this process and am unsure how to proceed once I've found a compatible replacement.

One option I'm considering is transferring components (what stores the key data) from the original BCM to the used one (the replacement). However, I'm uncertain which components should be transplanted. I have included some pictures of part numbers and the circuit board for reference.

Thank you in advance for any guidance or suggestions.