PDA

View Full Version : Why no Prem Direct?

buzzbomb
6th November, 2008, 10:30 PM
For some reason when I scanned in Astra 19e I did not pick up any Prem Direct. Then tried manual TP scan and still nothing ie scanned 11720h and got the 4 regular Prem channels (says 5 services scanned but can only see 4) but no Direct channels. Signal and Quality are good etc so it must be something else. Any ideas.

Devilfish
6th November, 2008, 10:32 PM
Do you mean Premiere Sport Portal? Are you just looking at the wrong place in the list?

11719.50 H - Txp: 65 - Beam: Astra 1G DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4

.: JaCkPoT :.
6th November, 2008, 10:48 PM
Prem direkt transponder is the weakest on the sat i think so make sure your dish is fully well aligned. The other prem channels will turn up as unnamed or a series of numbers.

buzzbomb
6th November, 2008, 11:19 PM
Devilfish yes it is TP65. According to lyngsat I should also pick up direct 1,2,3,and 4+. My other box picks them up no bother but on the dreambox it appears to only pick up the 5 standard channels

Sadiq it is picking up 5 other prem channels on the same transponder so it cannot be a signal problem.:stupido3::stupido3:

thered
6th November, 2008, 11:28 PM
just a stab in the dark m8 have you got the channel but you cant view whats on if so you need to press your green button for the sub services it will bring up another few channels

this is where the footy is

6th November, 2008, 11:41 PM
Devilfish yes it is TP65. According to lyngsat I should also pick up direct 1,2,3,and 4+. My other box picks them up no bother but on the dreambox it appears to only pick up the 5 standard channels

Sadiq it is picking up 5 other prem channels on the same transponder so it cannot be a signal problem.:stupido3::stupido3:

Make sure your not searching scrambled only or in the menu as prem direkt portal is fta.

buzzbomb
6th November, 2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks thered (guess u were a bit relieved last night when Riggs did the necessary) I guess it is possible they could be under another obscure name(on my other box they scan in as pg 2424 etc)
Is there any way I can view the channel list and also see the sat frequency at the same time.

My image is nabilosat v08 maxvar

6th November, 2008, 11:45 PM
I guess it is possible they could be under another obscure name(on my other box they scan in as pg 2424 etc)

Chances are as i have already mentioned is that the channel names are numbers or named unnamed.

Curious123
7th November, 2008, 12:27 AM
Could be you don't have the latest channel settings. Have you tried loading the captains settings with the latest satellite.xml file?

buzzbomb
9th November, 2008, 10:36 PM
Curious123 sorry for delayed response but have been away for the weekend. No I have not tried captains settings as I was not sure how to go about it. Was looking for it on the Nabilo server but could not find it. Have never loaded anything into a dir on the DM so I have been reluctant to try. Can u tell me step by step how to do it.

Curious123
10th November, 2008, 12:21 PM
Last time I checked Nabilosat had removed the captains settings from their download server. If you google for it you should find it easily and use a proggie called dreamboxedit to load it to your box.