PDA

View Full Version : 'Who has been the most helpful'

Curious123
7th November, 2008, 12:41 AM
I notice that a lot of people are a little taken aback to find their name in the above thread and than getting completely confused by the thread. Do yo think that perhaps it maybe time to close the thread but possibly using similar tactics in the introduce yourself section to attract the attention of new members so that they introduce themselves and also at the same time use the tactic to advise new members to read the RED stickys before they start posting about their problems.

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th November, 2008, 12:47 AM
I dont think the thread should be closed just yet mate but i very much like your idea about the introduce yourself section.

7th November, 2008, 12:55 AM
Just been through it and yes curious your right. It looks like its about time to close up that thread. Ty

Jaffa
7th November, 2008, 01:06 AM
Any thread like that which has your name at the start will always get attention but yes curious you are spot on, new members see it and have no idea who to put down as they havent been here long enough to know. It is also a good suggestion to have it for things like introduce yourself or the stickies.

satsmo
7th November, 2008, 01:19 AM
Noted folks with regards to introductions and stickies. Regards the thread itself Sadiq you started the thread would you like it closed? I could close it, but I am only here a wet day so dont like closing threads, but can understand all your comments regards the thread.

7th November, 2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah. If others dont mind then i do think its about time you closed it. Im sure any long term members has now seen it and commented. Thanks satsmo.

satsmo
7th November, 2008, 01:44 AM
Done Sadiq, but it is not deleted.

7th November, 2008, 01:47 AM
Not deleted but i cant find it. Have you hidden it?

Devilfish
7th November, 2008, 08:27 AM
I try not to use that too much because it does cause a lot of confision for peeps who are not used to forums. We do have it in a sticky in the intro section though...

Introduce Yourself (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/)

New members are also directed to the intro section in a welcome PM. :)

7th November, 2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry if my thread was confusing. I didnt mean to make it confusing.
Is there a way for
All members with 0 posts or new members to have that sticky thread showing on the homepage rather than the last introduction?
I never made a introduction post and at that moment i never had no intention to help out until i saw the sat section. :)

Curious123
7th November, 2008, 07:14 PM
It became confusing for people because their name appeared in a post on the forum and they then felt obligated to answer the question even when they had no interaction with anyone on the forum. Personally speaking it is not necessary to have list of people who have helped the most as the 'thanks' button is sufficient to show how active you are on the in refernce to other people on the forum. I think it is better to let people who have been helped make the post themselves to show their appreaciation.

7th November, 2008, 11:29 PM
Sorry if my thread was confusing. I didnt mean to make it confusing.
Is there a way for
All members with 0 posts or new members to have that sticky thread showing on the homepage rather than the last introduction?
I never made a introduction post and at that moment i never had no intention to help out until i saw the sat section. :)