PDA

View Full Version : BMW E46- Getting started

greko
6th May, 2024, 09:17 AM
Hello everybody,

Im new to this forum and I decided that I would like to experiment just a little bit more with my car.
I have a E46 - N42B20A (Valvoproblematronic).
It is not heavily moddified and i am looking into doing some DIY stuff as many would be. My main reason for this thread is for me to learn as much as I can and hopefully helping other people that are going to try to make the most of their car aswell.

I yesterday ordered a K+D can adapter from E-bay, and downloaded some basic software (Mikes BMW tools).

I would greatly appreciate if theres people here that would be willing to share their ISTA P/D links.

Secondly I would like to look into Tuning my ECU with some flashes so if theres people that could guide me on what software/hardware i'd need to be able to procceed with I'd also be a ton greatfull.

So far some things I've discovered with my little knowledge are. N42BxxX engines are prone to breaking down easily from their timing chains. My car is running brand new timing chain and tentioner.
I'm running with free flow headers and no catalytic converter just a silencer.
Im on full coilovers and 6 Pot front brakes(big brake kit for low HP but no matter what I stop).
Swapped diff at the cost of top speed

I'd say the car is pretty stanced out for some engine upgrades.

So, what im asking here is some guidance on what software to download to be able to make my own map adjustments or flash a new MAP.

I have knowledge on mechanical and computers so I kinda know what im doing if im pointed at the right direction.
I'd love to squize some more power out of this setup before I consider turbo or swapping to a M54Bxx engine.

Thank you for initially taking the time to read this.
Have a great day everybody!