PDA

View Full Version : Problems reFlashing Image

smokingskunk
7th November, 2008, 12:36 PM
I formatted my brothers dreambox the other day via LAN through Dcc.I wanted to use dream up and format it throught the COM port however the Com port wasnt picking up his dream box .So I opted to do everything via FTP.Since I formatted his dreambox completely I now cant access his dreambox via FTP in order for me to load the image file onto the dreambox.I realise that the dreambox since formatted has no Ip adress now.
Is there a way to flash the image via FTP even if the dream box has no ip adress assigned?Is there a default ip adress embedded into the formatted dreambox?Im finding it hard to communicate with his dreambox now.
cheers and thanx

Devilfish
7th November, 2008, 12:59 PM
When you say 'formatted' what did you actually do?

Does the box boot up?

Curious123
7th November, 2008, 02:29 PM
If your box is connected to a router than it is possible that the router assigned it an ipaddress but to find the ip address you would probably need to log into your router to see what is connected to the router. If you manage to find out the ip address from the router than you could probably use the following sticky by Devilfish to flash your box.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/guide-flash-backup-image-via-telnet-760/

smokingskunk
7th November, 2008, 03:39 PM
Hi

basically i completely got rid of enigma and there is no operating system ie gemini nabilo etc on the flash drive.

It has been completely erased

thered
7th November, 2008, 03:51 PM
get a null modem cable and put a new image on the box

Devilfish
7th November, 2008, 04:06 PM
What dreambox is it?

If there's no images on the USB, you will need to have an image in the flash chips for it to boot up. If there is an image in the flash chips and it does boot up then you can set the ip address in the network menu.

If it doesn't bootup you will need to flash an image to the main flash chips using a null modem cable and dreamup. You can get the cables for ?2 on ebay (or ?10 in argos and maplin).

smokingskunk
7th November, 2008, 05:18 PM
DREAMBOX 500S
I have a null cable and have tried using dreamedit however it doesnt pick up my machine.I've done this before and the cable is not faulty.
I have also hooked up my dreambox to the TV and have nothing but a green light on on the dreambox but a blank screen on the TV.
What I really am trying to do is flash a Nabilo Image onto my dream box using dreamup via LAN as Ive tried with all versions od reamup but have had no luck.And from what I gather is that if there is no system installed on the flash then there is no ip adress.
Does the dreambox have a default ip?even with no image installed.
I basically want to flash the drive

cheers

hafsi
7th November, 2008, 05:35 PM
as a new player in this game i'm really worried about which box to buy. every corner i turn, there is always a problem. is there any box free of problems and worries, where i can buy and just follow the manuals and everything runs smoothly?

sKeith
7th November, 2008, 05:36 PM
For Dreamup,
Null modem is essential.
Network cable is optional and will speed the transfer from approx 8 minutes to approx 10 seconds.

connect null modem cable from pc to box.

If you want the network (fast) way to work, it requires either good timing or a hub as media sensing causes problems.

set local ip to whatever your local (PC) ip is.
The remote ip should be on same subnet, but can be any number as dreamup sets this for your and is in no way related to any image you may or may not have on the box.

jbvid
7th November, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hi
When trying a Com port image flash with Null cable are you ticking or unticking 'Use Network' in Dream Up? and which Com ports are allocated in device manager and are any of them selectable in dreamup?
Sorry sKeith, clashed again.
jbvid