PDA

View Full Version : Thank You posts getting more and more

Loneranger
9th April, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hi,

Am on this forum because of the high quality of info given. However, it does surprise me highly the amount of posts being made just to get the PM rights. It is not very much contributing and becomes very irriritating when you think it is a new post but is just a stupid thank you post.

Can something be done ab0ut this?

Thks

steppenwolf
10th April, 2010, 08:35 AM
Hardly m8. For my self too is so annoying when I see "thank you" reply... The mods could delete this kind of posts but that would be a hell of a job and like fighting with the winds.

So I think nothing could be done.

The only thing left is for all good member to never stop reminding such poster of how they should behave. We need to participate in that all together to make this forum even better.

Regards!

gmb45
10th April, 2010, 09:06 AM
there was 1 decent idea ( cant remember who suggested it ) about locking the noobs in the intro section till they have posted ( dont know if this is possible ) it should stop quite a few of the "thank yous etc" by them who post just to download, i looked thru 1 thread and counted about 70 odd "good post, thank you etc" ( i was bit board at the time lol )

Meat-Head
10th April, 2010, 09:08 AM
somewhere on here is a thread where one of the mods remoed 45 'thanks i love you long time' posts, then ended up closing it!

Must admit the vp44 thread, and vivid thread wait a couple of days before viewing them for that reason.

DK Rocks