PDA

View Full Version : DM500-s rebooting ??

linked
7th November, 2008, 04:52 PM
strange one here, if i unplug the ethernet lead the box will bot and stay stable after 2 reboots ?
as soon as i plug in ethernet cable it reeboots non stop.

i have jtaged it and flashed boot loader with correct mac from bottom of box and using mac generator for bootloader file.
and still the same always when pluggin in the ethernet cable.
any idea's at all to try and fix this problem would be great.
thanks.

Devilfish
7th November, 2008, 05:01 PM
I had this exact problem with a box before. In the end I sent it back to the seller for a replacement as it was obviously faulty.

linked
7th November, 2008, 05:14 PM
I had this exact problem with a box before. In the end I sent it back to the seller for a replacement as it was obviously faulty.

thanks for fast reply.
think its best to do the same with this spent a day on it now and getting to the point where i wanna throw it out the window lol.

cheers again.

alunfennell
7th November, 2008, 05:39 PM
Troubleshoot:

leave the box disconnected for 24 hrs then Flash with DreamUp again
Only flash erase.img 2-3 times
then Flash The_Hydra image and DO NOT Flash Erase!!!
Go through setup procedure and work it from there

1) Took the dream out of the box.
2) Ran dreamUP and upgraded to official image 1.06. Flashing completed OK, did flash erase, rebooted. Everything OK. Got to configuration screens, but did not search for any channels since I was going to patch it again with an unofficial image.

3) Ran dreamUP again. Selected Erase, got the 'resetting lockbits' part, then 'erasing flash'. Then after a while an error saying flash could not be erased (-4).

4) Tried to flash the original image again. Upload went OK up to the flash erase point (at the end), where I got the same message.

5) Followed the advice on the forum and uploaded erase.img. Got same error at the end. And now, disaster!

I get the 5620 boot message, but I get no further. Even more dreamUp refuses to connect to the receiver. Just stays at the 'Now power up the dreambox' bit.

I tried to telnet to the receiver. I'm pasting the results below. Using hyperterminal. When pressing 0, I get 'Boot magic not OK'

Two questions:
1) Why do I have to click on the flash button twice for the actual upload to begin (selecting the image both times). On the first click it says uploading image, but doesn't do anything. Second click starts the upload process.

2) In hyperterminal, I get the menus in a garbled way. Eg. when I press 1 for the poweron tests, I don't see the new menu, I just get a garbled line. Usually I have to press Enter repeatedly for the menu to come up properly. Using 8N1, 115200, Xon/Xoff, Auto emulation (also tried tty).

Thanks

--- Device Configuration ---
Power-On Test Devices:
000 Disabled System Memory [RAM]
002 Disabled Ethernet [ENET]
----------------------------
Boot Sources:
001 Enabled Application in Flash [FLASH]
002 Disabled Ethernet [ENET]
local=0.0.0.0 remote=255.255.255.255 hwaddr=0009341e9d0c
003 Disabled Serial Port 1 [S1]
Baud = 9600