PDA

View Full Version : SV4 - low level audio

tony_i
7th November, 2008, 05:17 PM
Hi

The audio from my SV4 is low compared to the normal tv level.

I have to have the tv !!!BLASTING!!! out before I switch the box on or the volume level is so low it's inaudible.

I seem to be losing some audio strength inside the box somehow??

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

satsmo
8th November, 2008, 03:55 PM
Have you set the volume on the SV4 to max? Is it set to PAL, in menu - User setup - Av Output Settings. Also make sure your scart, is pushed home firmly on both the SV & TV. Also make sure the scart is in the socket marked TV scart on the back of the SV.

tony_i
8th November, 2008, 04:08 PM
Have you set the volume on the SV4 to max? Is it set to PAL, in menu - User setup - Av Output Settings. Also make sure your scart, is pushed home firmly on both the SV & TV. Also make sure the scart is in the socket marked TV scart on the back of the SV.

These are all fine.

The problem is that the SV4 volume is at max to get a reasonable output without setting the TV level itself to mega loud.

It's not a big problem and totally useable - just seems strange that they're so out of synch.

Thanks

satsmo
8th November, 2008, 04:23 PM
Have you tried a different scart lead? Or composite leads?

blues beno
8th November, 2008, 05:48 PM
I've just got my SV4 and I have a slightly different problem. I have NO VOLUME on some channels but on the standard channels BBC1- CH5, I do have volume, so it can't be a connection lead issue. Any ideas anyone???????

nsw9154
8th November, 2008, 06:00 PM
i had the same problem with no sound on most of the chanels i did a cold reboot - turned the unit of at the back left it for 30mins switched it back on and the sound came on