PDA

View Full Version : Five Blocking Programs on Freesat

alunfennell
7th November, 2008, 05:29 PM
Five I have noticed are blocking programs on Freesat well there FTA testing, I know it has not been offically added to Freesat untill November 18 but is this what we are to expect from Five in the Future blocking programs ?.

I have made the point previously that Five have changed nothing in program content to come in line with the issue they have regarding broadcasting rights, I have a feeling if the rest of FIVE sibling channels do not join Freesat, we will find programs moved over to Five's other encrypted channels like on Sky for example.

I realy does not seem that we will get a full Five service on Freesat unlike the other public service such as BBC ITV & C4.

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th November, 2008, 01:34 AM
This could be why they started the channel 'fiver'.

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th November, 2008, 01:43 AM
This could be why they started the channel 'fiver'.

alunfennell
10th November, 2008, 05:56 PM
Of course it is ! this shows there has been no effort to come into line with the issue of broadcasting right, the only way they can is to block programming or move it to one of there encrypted channels, if this is the case realy whats the point of having five at all on Freesat, they might as well call it TWO FIFTY as it will only be half the channel it was.