PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever purchase here ?

boomstrike2
8th November, 2008, 06:31 AM
I was reading a thread to help me make my mind up on which box would be best for me, i seen the name dream box 500c mentioned a few times and thought it was time to do a search.
I came across this seller after doing a google, something does`nt seem right though ? have any of you ever heard of this seller or maybe even purchased from him.
DVBMonkey.com - cable & satellite at great prices (Powered by CubeCart) (http://www.dvbmonkey.com/catalog/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=2)
could some of you guys with more experience point out what i should be looking for ? i would`nt want to end up with a clone or get taken on.

Thanks in advance.Boomstrike2

SAJ_8
8th November, 2008, 06:44 AM
well all i can say to you mate is that dm500c is no longer made, stopped I believe nearly two years ago, therefore chances are the dm500's out there now are all clones.

i cant say i have bought from .dvbmonkey
but i have purchased from Dreambox 500c, Dreambox 500s, Dream Boxs, Dream Box, Cheap Dreamboxs Guarenteed (http://www.dvbseller.com) and awaiting for my stock to arrive any day now, + there's plenty off good feedback review on there from ppl

also if you type dvbMoney.com in the search box in this forum you will find that loads off info comes back,
so just spend some time reading through the post and you will start to pick up and learn things

boomstrike2
8th November, 2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks very much SAJ_8 your info is appreciated very much.

Dazzonamission
8th November, 2008, 09:17 AM
DVBMonkey are a chinese company from Shenzhen that offer a cheaper alternative to originals (Clones) as SAJ_8 so rightly said these DM500C units are no longer available in the Real World.
However i can advise first hand that DVBMonkey do provide quality units and unlike any other known clones you can install Gemini images which really makes these units that little more special.
But there is a long wait, with around 20 days shipping time currently to UK.
As i am to understand they have increased there staff levels to fulfill demand.

Fano
8th November, 2008, 05:21 PM
I ordered off DVBMonkey on Oct 27th and it hasnt been dispatched yet,ridiculous.
DVBVSeller dispatch within a day or 2 but their prices are increasing alot as the dollar strengthens.

dadof2littlemonsters
8th November, 2008, 06:04 PM
Id look elswhere mate, i ordered from dvbmonkey and it took 22 days to be delivered. others may have had a better experiene but i wasnt impressed

Bonesy
8th November, 2008, 08:19 PM
its true only 500 models in market today (new ones that is) will be clones from china. They are better than orginals in my opinion so dont worry about them being clones. A few have bought from dvbmonkey, in fact my bro tried them 4 weeks ago and got few faulty ones, he had to pay to send them back and now hisemailes are not being ansered...so I'd recommend you shop around for reliaible seller.

boomstrike2
9th November, 2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer guys, it seems there`s so much to learn ! the more i read this forum it looks like almost every box out there is a clone of the original 500.
I think its time to visit flea bay and maybe just go for the starview 4 or the eurovox ex1000 or 5000, i will certainly take any recomendations on which box to get.

SatSearching
9th November, 2008, 03:40 PM
I have used DVBMonkey, bit slow to deliver but was worth the wait, was polite and honest for me!

Bought 2 Satellite boxes, I had an intermittent fault with one of the remotes, they sent a new one out foc with no questions asked and didn't want the old one returning!

Both boxes actually came with DK image installed!

Fano
16th November, 2008, 11:06 PM
My boxes havent been dispatched yet ,19 days after paying.
I'm beginning to think these guys are cowboys.
Ridiculous service.

Dazzonamission
18th November, 2008, 07:50 PM
My boxes havent been dispatched yet ,19 days after paying.
I'm beginning to think these guys are cowboys.
Ridiculous service.

Unfortunately i have to agree,having had problems now on several occasions and being lied too as a matter of principle it seems.
I have had to return a faulty DM500C and 2 Faulty PSU's to BuyingThings.co.uk as the UK service agent for DVBMonkey by special delivery which is not cheap,i was then advised that my replacement unit would be dispatched along with my new order as previously agreed ,anyway a few days later i had a e-mail to say my order will be dispatched at the first possible opportunity blah-blah-blah.
Anyway to my amazement i had a further e-mail a few days later to say my order status has changed to complete... and had been shipped, i was even given a Tracking number which i was obviously pretty chuffed about,then i remembered hang on.... i have been here twice before,unfortunately DVBMonkey will tell you anything you want to here.
Now as my order was treated as priority and was supposedly shipped via DHL my tracking number wasn't working still after a week.
I contacted DHL and got this reply.

Dear Darren

Thanks for your e-mail asking about why you are unable to track your parcel.

I have seen similar situations to yours in the past and believe that although you have been provided with a DHL Airwaybill number, your parcel has not yet been despatched by the sender and therefore has not entered the DHL system.

My recommendation is that you contact the sender to ask if they can call us to arrange to pick up your parcel.

Once we have been advised to collect the parcel you will be able to track its progress on our website, www.dhl.co.uk <http://www.dhl.co.uk> .

Please note that shipments being sent from China will not, in any case, become trackable until they have left the Chinese mainland.

Sincerely,

Andy
UK Customer Focus

I have contacted DVBMonkey to ask them to advise on the true status of my shipment but no reply... STAY WELL CLEAR OF THESE COWBOYS

jooxs
18th November, 2008, 08:12 PM
I have never ordered from such cowboys. I usually get my Box's delivered in 4 days after payment at the most 1 week. They always e-mail me the tracking number the same day or the following i guess my contact in China is pretty good. The only downside is the cost of delivery is about $130 and i also pay a paypal charge of $15 per order. The box's cost me $55 each.

reddave
19th November, 2008, 09:40 PM
I dont know much about the dreambox or starview however i ordered a couple of eurovox ex1000sl from cabledaddy.co.uk they arrived in two days sent from the UK. His prices have started to creep up slightly in the last few weeks.

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th November, 2008, 12:09 AM
Remember you pay for service.
The more you pay the better your service will be.
The decision is yours.

savvas
24th December, 2008, 08:53 AM
I ordered off DVBMonkey on Oct 27th and it hasnt been dispatched yet,ridiculous.
DVBVSeller dispatch within a day or 2 but their prices are increasing alot as the dollar strengthens.

DVBVSeller, are cowboys also! They NEVER response on my emails!
Ridiculous service, too.

Merry Christmas

Bonesy
6th January, 2009, 02:25 PM
Must admit, dvbseller.com is still my supplier and answer all my emails within few hours somtimes even minutes.

Savvas, recommend you email them again...as many of us on the forums here know dvbseller as great service.

ozshea
6th January, 2009, 02:47 PM
i agree dvbseller have an excelent service and unbelievable value, i got my 500c for 84 euro delivered,

also dreambox are open source boxs so if there was ever a changeover to nagra 3 and it was cracked, then these boxs can possibly be used again, whereas all the closed source boxs, ie starview eurovox will be bin material........