PDA

View Full Version : starview 4 loss of sound

bobjack4884
8th November, 2008, 09:05 PM
Starview loss of sound. I've had the starview 4 for a week. When i got it i flashed it with the 1.02 firmware, scannned and got all channels. It has been running ok until today when it started to lose audio on all but the free to view channnels, I can only get sound back when I reboot ande if i switch to fta then back to a cable channel, the sound has gone again. Any ideas out there??

cactikid
8th November, 2008, 09:35 PM
Starview loss of sound. I've had the starview 4 for a week. When i got it i flashed it with the 1.02 firmware, scannned and got all channels. It has been running ok until today when it started to lose audio on all but the free to view channnels, I can only get sound back when I reboot ande if i switch to fta then back to a cable channel, the sound has gone again. Any ideas out there??
have u tried a factory reset and autoscan again and emu to on,do not scan thru splitters or extensions.

zaf786
8th November, 2008, 09:47 PM
Hi check your scart leads are in properly

bobjack4884
8th November, 2008, 10:25 PM
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've rescanned and reset the emu to on + checked the scart (when the sound goes, I can still get fta channels with sound through the starview box. I've rebooted and i get sound on all the channels now. Do you think thats all that was needed?

cactikid
8th November, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I've rescanned and reset the emu to on + checked the scart (when the sound goes, I can still get fta channels with sound through the starview box. I've rebooted and i get sound on all the channels now. Do you think thats all that was needed?

maybe a slight frequency change:thrasher:

bobjack4884
8th November, 2008, 11:23 PM
thanks, Frequency is set on ch 38. Any suggestions whether up or down and to which channel??

cactikid
8th November, 2008, 11:41 PM
thanks, Frequency is set on ch 38. Any suggestions whether up or down and to which channel??
when u factory reset u erase all data and when u scan new data is stored and if box is now all is sorted.