PDA

View Full Version : ChevroletCaptiva speed limiter 160kmh remove?

jackeldestripador
14th April, 2010, 06:06 PM
Any ideas to remove 160km/h limiter on Chevrolet Captiva? Soon i wil get some ecu info.

acid325
9th May, 2010, 04:53 AM
cut the green wire of the speed sensor or purple depend on model with a little switch

and if you want too double your speed just put a realy and put a 12volt on it and its ready too go

Dmitry 42
9th May, 2010, 05:52 AM
If you have SCAN-100 or TECH2 i can send you original Chevrolet calibration for country who not need speed limit (e.g. Russia). You will reprog dashboard...and all will be OK.

Arturino
9th May, 2010, 06:23 AM
What do you mean by calibration? Is it a file or what?
I have Tech2.

Dmitry 42
9th May, 2010, 06:11 PM
Calibration - it's file with set of function.
All ecu dump is software+calibration table.

If you diagnose Captiva with Tech2 ...you can see programming info of IPC (dashboard) - part number of software and calibration file.

For exampe on attached picture programming software for Chevrolet.

How you can see IPC (dashboard ) includet 3 parts: IPCUTIL, IPCOPSOFT and IPCCALN.

In IPCCALN you can choose what configuration of dashboard you want. For exampe file 96850918 for FWD GAS2.4 or DSL2.0 and have not speed warning.

But I think..may be speed limit is not dashboard function? Mabe it of ECM or BCM function ? In russia we have not speedlimit on Captiva.

The best choose in this case is use the SCAN-100 with R-CARD. I can give you GMDATSCAN soft (like on picture) and you can reprog Captiva, Antara that what you want (all ECUs..all systems).

For Tech2 you must use TIS (Global,2000 or Chevrolet)...or on-line Global TIS. But i dont know have TIS manual chose mode or not have....
In manual mode you can choose needed set of file. In automatic mode TIS give you that must bee for your country.

Dmitry 42
9th May, 2010, 06:17 PM
Captiva 2.4 - ECM BOSH 799
Captiva 3.2 - dont know...

Qrius
9th May, 2010, 08:41 PM
The best choose in this case is use the SCAN-100 with R-CARD. I can give you GMDATSCAN soft (like on picture) and you can reprog Captiva, Antara that what you want (all ECUs..all systems).

I Posted your Software here mate http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f104/chevrolet-gmdat-loader-6-4-2010-a-115843/#post580831 :top:

Dmitry 42
10th May, 2010, 08:03 AM
Thank you, Qrius!

darksawa
10th May, 2010, 03:17 PM
If your Captiva can be programmed with Global Tis (check VIN here TIS (http://tis2web.xw.gm.com/)), there is option for IPC to programm it with or without speed warning.

Dmitry 42
10th May, 2010, 05:00 PM
Yes...yes....i remember too. When Captiva reprogram thru TIS +TECH2 ...TIS asked about speed warning...

jackeldestripador
16th June, 2010, 01:02 PM
If you have SCAN-100 or TECH2 i can send you original Chevrolet calibration for country who not need speed limit (e.g. Russia). You will reprog dashboard...and all will be OK.

Dmitry i have tech2 and scan-100 i prefer soft in tech2. But speed limiter i meen in the ecu because the engine stalls and seem like fuel cut at this speed.
Did you mean that i can move speed limiter only using tech2 and tis? here we use brazilian version of captiva
thanks for help

Dmitry 42
20th June, 2010, 03:31 PM
Did you have soft GMDATSCAN ? It is calibration for any Captiva-s ECU. (ABS, SRS, BCM ...etc).

I small work with TIS+TECH2 .....but too many work with Scan-100 + GMDATSCAN (iSPS). You did reflash Captiva with Scan100+iSPS or you dont know how it is?

I think you can use iSPS and reflash you Captiva by the calibration for EUROPE market.

P.S. We can talk about it in PM, Skype or ICQ. And i can try help you online with remote desctop - TeamViewer.

Imremester
11th November, 2018, 11:13 AM
Hi!

I have 2007 Chevrolet Captiva 2.0D with automatic transmission. EDC16C39 engine ECU, 0281014296 96858577
My problem: Car switch 3 to 4 high switches to high speed in low torque . 61Km /h. I want this to be 50. The other ratios are good switch all torque mode. Is this in the engine control software, in the eeprom or in the changer controller? If i use he car in manual transmission mode, then speed 50 kmh where possible switch 3 to 4. In the software, I found where to decide how much rotation the wheel would run for larger torque, but does not affect 61kmh speed. it's as if there was a limiter byte somewhere, for every gear ratio, below which it will not let you use it. where is this byte? is there someone for this damos?