PDA

View Full Version : New to the game...

united4eva
9th November, 2008, 02:00 AM
Hi guys Im new to this whole cable/Eurovox business although I have a little info...

I have heard plugging a Eurovox where my previous NTL/VM box used to be will allow me to get more than just freeview channels ;)

Have not used the VM box in ages, a year at least... do I need a minimum subscription with them or something? or not? Any advise would be appreciated...ta

HiTeck
9th November, 2008, 02:20 AM
Would be an advantage for you to get the basic subscription as they are disconnecting non sub users, especially more so now.

So it's up to you if it works you can leave it going UNTIL it gets cut, then you will have to get the Min Sub.

united4eva
9th November, 2008, 02:28 AM
Cheers mate, good avatar ! Is there a way of knowing if I've already been cut off, without getting a Eurovox? Still got me old box..

kb27
9th November, 2008, 10:26 AM
I *THINK* if you plug your old box in you will still get freeview channels. Alternatively put an adapter on the end of your cable connection and then plug it directly into your TV. Do a search and you should find either a load of freeview channels or a message saying analogue TV is no longer available. If you get either of those then the feed is still active.

united4eva
9th November, 2008, 09:02 PM
Ok cheers guys, whats a good cheap Eurovox box to get started with?