PDA

View Full Version : Key programming fault

Intermouse
16th April, 2010, 08:01 AM
I tried to re-program a key for my citroen berlingo 02 2.0l HDI but it doesn't work.

I get the messages

Preparing for key programming
Insert key within 15 secs
programming key 1

then after a while i get an error

Failure whilst programming key no1

This key is / was programmed on this vehicle previously.

The key lamp is illumited on the instrument panel.

Any ideas or pointers?

nutloose
16th April, 2010, 08:23 AM
is the problem related to the reason that the key has not been recognised by the car in the first place?

the rfid ring reads AND writes.

first find out why you are having to re-program an existing key.

Intermouse
16th April, 2010, 08:35 AM
The key light has been on for a while and the key i have is actually the original. However when i put this key in the ignition now, the key light comes on.

When i go into programming mode, the Lexia knows the key is in and begins programming but fails.

The key did open and lock the vehicle, butu now it doesn't do that either.

Tuning Runner
16th April, 2010, 09:00 AM
The key light has been on for a while and the key i have is actually the original. However when i put this key in the ignition now, the key light comes on.

When i go into programming mode, the Lexia knows the key is in and begins programming but fails.

The key did open and lock the vehicle, butu now it doesn't do that either.

if the key is ORIGINAL of your vehicle can not be reprogrammed again, because there is already inside.
To do this you need a new transponder

Babanovski
16th April, 2010, 11:02 AM
Hi,
I thing you have problem with antena on youare key fob. and for sure you no need new transponder, if you using key from youare vehicle.

malczykos
16th April, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hi,
I thing you have problem with antena on youare key fob. and for sure you no need new transponder, if you using key from youare vehicle.

In this car is transponder PCF7936 Crypto 46, carbon transponder.

Chriscwl
19th April, 2010, 10:37 PM
Some peugeots and Citroens have sloppy diagnostic sockets. Although I have communication I sometimes fail to program the keys until I hold the plug firmly on the socket.

givusaclue
19th April, 2010, 11:57 PM
you should be able to reprogram the original key, poor connections are the most common cause i come across, it re-programs the remotes after the key is coded i think.
if it fails 3 times in a short space of time i think it times out for 30mins. before you can try again