PDA

View Full Version : DM800 free memory only 97%

myname70
9th November, 2008, 04:13 PM
I have DM800/Gemini 3.8 and CCCam 2.0.10. I mentioned today that on the Addon site in the BluePanel, I have only 97% free memory!!! Some days ago it was 50%! I did not install anything. I tried to uninstall almost all plugins, I delete all unused keys, tmp files and logs, but the memory dropped to 96%. What was the cause of this? And how can free up some memory?

caveman_nige
9th November, 2008, 05:41 PM
This is the internal memory and not a HDD i asume... I am not overly familar with these dm800 boxes but can you check the file/folder sizes to see where all the extra data is being stored. If yu can find that files/folder that are casuing it you get an idea of what needs to be switched off etc...

myname70
9th November, 2008, 05:53 PM
This is the internal memory and not a HDD i asume... I am not overly familar with these dm800 boxes but can you check the file/folder sizes to see where all the extra data is being stored. If yu can find that files/folder that are casuing it you get an idea of what needs to be switched off etc...

I cannot find the folder/file because do not know what was the original sizes....

caveman_nige
9th November, 2008, 05:56 PM
But can you see which folder is the biggest?

westkill
9th November, 2008, 06:23 PM
im not 100%
cave mans right its the free memory on the box
but in the image i think theres is a option a swap file were you can use memory on a cf or usb stick :) ithink lol

myname70
9th November, 2008, 06:57 PM
im not 100%
cave mans right its the free memory on the box
but in the image i think theres is a option a swap file were you can use memory on a cf or usb stick :) ithink lol
If I can swap files on my external HDD?

Curious123
9th November, 2008, 07:07 PM
Why did you want to free up memory are you having problems installing plugins?

myname70
9th November, 2008, 07:14 PM
Why did you want to free up memory are you having problems installing plugins?

Yes, i cannot install anything. Even with the log files and tmp files full upi the memory to 100% and cannot run the dream