PDA

View Full Version : Copy to Harddrive

dafman
9th November, 2008, 04:26 PM
how can i transfer d/l games onto xbox harddrive because some will play from disk others wont, some used to play but now come up with "dirty disk"

this is an xbox not a 360

caveman_nige
9th November, 2008, 05:35 PM
I ftp all my films and games to the HDD mate... can you network it to your router etc?

dafman
9th November, 2008, 07:36 PM
Cheers for the speedy reply Caveman Ive never networked it, would i be better connecting to router or with a crossover cable from pc. These games are already images on pc

caveman_nige
9th November, 2008, 10:48 PM
I have never bother using the crossover route mate, i use a belkin gaming adapter as wireless bridge and it works a treat. My box is set up as an xmbc (excuter2) made by Frodo and his gang... It takes about 20mins to send over a 700mb file roughly...

dafman
12th November, 2008, 02:09 AM
Cheers will have a go at the w/end away at work at the momeny

rockdj
21st November, 2008, 09:25 PM
cheers will try this

cauliflower69
24th November, 2008, 03:02 PM
your game loading times will improve greatly when on the hdd.

hollybairn
9th December, 2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Folks,
When santa brings along our new 360......
if a friend loans us a valid shop bought disc to try, im wondering, is it possible to copy to the hard drive,return the disc and play the game from the hard drive - can this be done ?

thanks in advance
Hollybairn

cauliflower69
9th December, 2008, 09:40 PM
No m8 in a nut shell.

hollybairn
10th December, 2008, 06:03 AM
Cheers cauliflower - wasn't sure if this could be done or not........

HADDERS
10th December, 2008, 10:54 AM
how can i transfer d/l games onto xbox harddrive because some will play from disk others wont, some used to play but now come up with "dirty disk"

this is an xbox not a 360

Hey all could you tell me what d/l games are ?
i to have an xbox (chipped) its not used anymore what else could i do with it ??
it was my sons bt he has 360 now

also you mention a bridge is this a small wireless divice like a flashdrive/memory stick

sorry for all questions new to all this:viking::eek:

shortyball
10th December, 2008, 08:03 PM
If im not mistaken i may be wrong as im aliitle out the loop tech wise.
But i gather:

d/l games - means downloaded games

bridge - means a network bridge between two devices.

I know a few people that use there old xboxs as just media centres to play movies off or through a neywork. But you can do that with 360. But im sure there are other options.

cauliflower69
10th December, 2008, 08:07 PM
Load it up with the latest xbmc you can d/l it from h**p://t3ch.yi.se/ then grab yourself all the old emulators like snes, sega, arcade (mame).

Throw it on the network and then you have a fully functioning media player with all the games you could ever want.

I have 4 xboxes all over my house pain in the ass they dont play HD but hey thats what the HTPC (Home Theatre PC) is for ;)

HADDERS
19th December, 2008, 09:13 PM
:wink::wink::rock:
Load it up with the latest xbmc you can d/l it from h**p://t3ch.yi.se/ then grab yourself all the old emulators like snes, sega, arcade (mame).

Throw it on the network and then you have a fully functioning media player with all the games you could ever want.

I have 4 xboxes all over my house pain in the ass they dont play HD but hey thats what the HTPC (Home Theatre PC) is for ;)

okay could we back up a bit how do i get the latest xbmc on to the HD, do i need to burn it to disc first. you also say grab the emulators ,again how do i download to the xbox .also i have linked it via the ethanet connection to my wireless router but i cant see the xbox should i be able to ? thanks in advance

m4v3r1c
22nd December, 2008, 10:37 PM
are there any working xbox 360 tools? i see cxboxtool, but does that work for 360? and do you have to "mod" your xbox, and would that void your warranty.

sorry, im new to the community, hope this doesnt offend, just asking for help guys..