PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade

skegsagypsy
17th April, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hi all you Iphone peeps, I need your advice/help and pronto lol heres the problem, I'm due an upgrade with o2 on Monday, I called them today and tried to get the Iphone 3gs 16gb free on my current contract, they are looking a payment of ?89 for the phone, I can get the 3g free, so the dilemma is should I take the 3g or is the 3gs so much better that its worth the extra ?89 ? I went right through to disconnections but the silly bint I spoke to basically said sorry you feel the deals not good enough and that you are leaving O2 :(

dell_xps
17th April, 2010, 10:24 PM
Must admit the 3GS is a tad faster at opening up appz etc m8.
If it were me I'd get the 3GS.
HTH

skegsagypsy
18th April, 2010, 07:52 AM
Cheers for the advice dell, anyone else want to give some input please feel free.

Maybe even recommend something similar or better than the Iphone if there is such a thing ?

owenb
18th April, 2010, 01:15 PM
although the 3gs cant be jailbroken YEt... u have to think of the future m8 the 3gs is at least 70% faster at opening apps and things so my money is on that either that or if u can hold out til june and the new iphone 4gs will be out and then the changes and choices change adain lol

serious if u must have a phone now 3gs if u can wait get the new iphone 4 in june m8

skegsagypsy
19th April, 2010, 01:41 PM
Ok update, sent an email to the CEO of O2, complaining like ~~~~ lol got an email back, thier looking into it and should get a call in the next day or so to see what can be done, fingers crossed folks pmsl

skegsagypsy
25th April, 2010, 05:34 PM
Further update, the best deal I could get was the 3gs at ?59 on my current contract....600 mins unlmted txt unlimted net access, ?30 per mnth, so went for it lol fone due to arrive tmrw, so look out Iphone users I'll be needing lods of help lol

owenb
25th April, 2010, 06:53 PM
no jailbreak for u then yet m8 lol

skegsagypsy
28th April, 2010, 06:31 AM
Your right owenb, so far no jailbreak :( must say I'm impressed with the phone if only just to look at :D

Got some free apps which are decent, particularly like the steve davis pool, wish I could get more though :(

And the ring tones are crap, you would have thought with itunes that the ring tones on the iphone would be half decent but that apple for ya, thieving gits ;)

johnboy1974
28th April, 2010, 01:11 PM
i would wait for the new 4g due for a summer release if you geta 3gs you will regret it for the sake of waiting a couple of months.

griff
2nd May, 2010, 08:13 PM
its easy to do ring tones mate just download the iphone ringtone maker and u can make ur own and it will send it into itunes

skegsagypsy
3rd May, 2010, 08:06 AM
its easy to do ring tones mate just download the iphone ringtone maker and u can make ur own and it will send it into itunes

Done that Griff all working fine now :D