PDA

View Full Version : What data is located in serial (immo) eeproms????

eliotroyano
18th April, 2010, 05:21 AM
Well friends I have a technical doubt. The case are for VAG cars with 1.8T engine, with Motronic M3.8.x , M5.9.2, ME7.x.x ECUs.

All that ECUs have a serial (immo) eeprom that manage the immobilizer function, but my question is, what other function have that eeprom/data?

I ask because some other functions/data of that ECUs are not located at flash memory, for example workshop number, communication management between different car modules (brake, confort, cluster, transmission......)

Some info is welcome.

eliotroyano
19th April, 2010, 01:39 AM
Well friends I have a technical doubt. The case are for VAG cars with 1.8T engine, with Motronic M3.8.x , M5.9.2, ME7.x.x ECUs.

All that ECUs have a serial (im*o) eeprom that manage the im*obilizer function, but my question is, what other function have that eeprom/data?

I ask because some other functions/data of that ECUs are not located at flash memory, for example workshop number, communication management between different car modules (brake, confort, cluster, transmission......)

Some info is welcome.

Anyone have some info????

eliotroyano
24th April, 2010, 05:09 AM
Someone can help me?

Jeanhdo
24th April, 2010, 08:33 AM
Someone can help me?
No triple posts.
Wait.....
Once you know the answer to any member who read this thread will answer, I'm sure.
BR
Jeanhdo

eliotroyano
25th April, 2010, 03:42 AM
No triple posts.
Wait.....
Once you know the answer to any member who read this thread will answer, I'm sure.
BR
Jeanhdo

Sorry!!!. Thanks for the advice.

easytech
25th April, 2010, 05:45 PM
In the EErom there is of course the I**mo code, Vin, login, speedlimiter, adaption settings for ignition timing and
fuel and boost, idle target, adaption for the electronic throttle and
the settings about additional modules and everything I forget now.
There are no program subs or so if this is what you mean.

eliotroyano
26th April, 2010, 01:47 AM
In the EErom there is of course the I**mo code, Vin, login, speedlimiter, adaption settings for ignition timing and
fuel and boost, idle target, adaption for the electronic throttle and
the settings about additional modules and everything I forget now.
There are no program subs or so if this is what you mean.

Wow!!!! that is a lot of info in a small 24C02 or 95040 eeprom. Ok then that means the serial eeprom only have a group of info about modules info, settings and other engine parameters, no sub-programs, ok. I also know that Motronic ecus are capable of mod that info in the eeprom according to the functionality of the engine and other modules.

Friends my idea is to try to understand how the ECU uses that eeprom. Seems to me that it is used like the "airplanes black box", or like the bios of lastest computers.

Then my following question is, is that info can be disassembled? I mean with something like IDA. where are located the info of settings, immo, vin, ......?

I ask all this because have been testing that stuff (M383 and M592 ECUs on bench) and seems to me that the ECU itself check the info off it flash memory, serial eeprom and the eeprom in the cluster to make a match between parameters.