PDA

View Full Version : subscribing to setanta

Lainie
9th November, 2008, 08:43 PM
i subscribe to setanta the ?10.99 thingy. a friend of mine has sky and im over there quite a lot these days. could i take the card out of my freeview box and use on their sky plus box? just wondered if there was a way i can get setanta on another telly when i subscribe to it. is it possible?

Devilfish
9th November, 2008, 09:13 PM
If the other TV has freeview and a free slot, or they have a freeview set-top box, then you could use your card in that. Setanta on Sky uses a different encryption to setanta on freeview so your card wouldn't work in a sky box I'm affraid.

Lainie
9th November, 2008, 09:34 PM
thank you for the help. its a sky plus box they have not a freeview box. if he bought a freeview box could i take my card over there then phone freeview to say i lost my card or something?? lol

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th November, 2008, 02:46 PM
thank you for the help. its a sky plus box they have not a freeview box. if he bought a freeview box could i take my card over there then phone freeview to say i lost my card or something?? lol

lol im sure they`ll ask why the card was out anyway. if they send you a new card i think they can remotely stop the first card anyway.

satman
10th November, 2008, 03:32 PM
yup,, setanta using v10 card of s2/n2, and i think even going n3 ,, not good news,,,, if you get a replacement your old card will only work in a box that wont update the codes( any normal freeview box will try let the card update ) for about a month if your lucky.

Lainie
10th November, 2008, 06:48 PM
cheers for the info guys. was worth a try i guess lol