PDA

View Full Version : DM800 , general questions

loncell
9th November, 2008, 11:36 PM
im contemplating going from my dm7020 to a dm800.the only thing is , its took my a while to get to grips with the setup and running + cs so i dont wanna move over to a dm800 if its gonna be a total ball-acke.
so can someone please answer a few questions about the DM800;-

which are the best image/flashes for a dm800 ?

is it hard to set up on a motorised already installed set up ?

is cs ok on it ?

are the any known issue's with them bugs freezing software/hardware ?

and lastly , if you are an owner of a dm800 are they worth the money ?

times are tight for everyone at the moment and i dont want to be forking out ?350 to find out its not.the only reason is i want to make use of my large 1080i tv.

peoples thoughts on them in comparison will hopefully help me make a descision to buy or not to buy.
thanks.

osborne82
10th November, 2008, 09:40 AM
im contemplating going from my dm7020 to a dm800.the only thing is , its took my a while to get to grips with the setup and running + cs so i dont wanna move over to a dm800 if its gonna be a total ball-acke.
so can someone please answer a few questions about the DM800;-

which are the best image/flashes for a dm800 ?

is it hard to set up on a motorised already installed set up ?

is cs ok on it ?

are the any known issue's with them bugs freezing software/hardware ?

and lastly , if you are an owner of a dm800 are they worth the money ?

times are tight for everyone at the moment and i dont want to be forking out ?350 to find out its not.the only reason is i want to make use of my large 1080i tv.

peoples thoughts on them in comparison will hopefully help me make a descision to buy or not to buy.
thanks.

setting up the dm800 will be similer to your 7020 so you should be ok :)
just a case of imputting your long and lat load a channel list (or scan) install ccam and your off lol
image wise id go for lt as ive heard few good things bout there images as to wheather there worth it all depends how u bad u want hd channels heheh is alot to pay

bugs ?? well enigma2 is getting there support is picking up development wise but overall it is stable.

cheers

osborne82