PDA

View Full Version : Could Anybody Explain IP Boxes Please !!

acestu
19th April, 2010, 05:31 PM
Hi guys i left a thread on here over a week ago and no one has replied, basically all i want is an explanation of the ip box because i possibly need to purchase a system due to my eurovox being made obsolete by the new nagravision 3 scrambling system, even a link to where i could find out more would be great...

cheers any info appreciated

Acestu

cactikid
19th April, 2010, 09:39 PM
in the sat section you will find it.

acestu
20th April, 2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for letting me know about this section that i am posting in already m8, really i am looking for an overall explanation of ip boxes such as what are the best receivers to get and what channells you are able to get, i am used to giving and getting help straight away on the eurovox section, but nobody seems to want to help on this ipbox section, im really dissappointed , reckon il have to try some other forums

cheers
Acestu

aftermath
20th April, 2010, 04:46 PM
You want it for sat, and getting rid of cable ?

i am starting to lose my patience with the IP box, it doesn't do what it says on the box.

The 3rd party software developers are losing patience with the help on the original software, and there are many issues with bugs.

If i was you m8 , get yourself a VU+ box HD

cactikid
20th April, 2010, 09:52 PM
You want it for sat, and getting rid of cable ?

i am starting to lose my patience with the IP box, it doesn't do what it says on the box.

The 3rd party software developers are losing patience with the help on the original software, and there are many issues with bugs.

If i was you m8 , get yourself a VU+ box HD

was that the lovely abcom 9000hd or other models:laugh:

acestu
21st April, 2010, 04:27 PM
Yes m8 i was looking at an alternative to cable as Nagravision 3 is here very soon rendering the eurovoxes scrap, i have dabbled with satellite years ago fixed dish and motorised, now i beleive that the ip boxes plug into your broadband and update the channels, i was also told that the best box to get was the ip 9600 which had the best number of programmes available.

I was thinking of putting up a motorised dish wish Diseq as most receivers nowadays have Diseq control on them, however i cant seem to get any info on actual receivers and the best package to get, and do you have to buy a cam seperately ? , i just dont know

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Acestu

cactikid
21st April, 2010, 09:29 PM
the protek ip 9600 is an old box and with all the new goings on with arrival of hd channels maybe consider that.maybe a limit to what you can do as it is connected to their server.

a_r_f
25th April, 2010, 08:45 AM
I have IpBox 91HD and it is not for newbe.
btw does't someone know how to set it up to be used with epsilon v5 card (selectv card)

freck
25th April, 2010, 09:27 PM
IPBox 9000HD is a crock,got rid of mine after just 3 weeks,on the other hand i had a maxx1000 receiver for a while and used it on a motorised setup with no probs,lots of channels open on different sats and is much like the protek that Cactikid mentioned.....good starter box for any newbie.
Freck

cactikid
25th April, 2010, 09:50 PM
crock lol maybe i might have used a bigger word,only way box would work was remove cable tuner and disconnect hdd drive and now even freezes and locks up.

freck
25th April, 2010, 10:12 PM
Could have worded that more appropriatly but dont want to get banned,i paid big money for that ipbox but thankfully theres other idiots out there willing to spend just as much for a used model....like mine.glad to be rid of it.
Freck

acestu
26th April, 2010, 04:26 PM
Ok Guys now that we have established which boxws are a pile of SH1T LOL , any suggestions for a descent box and what channels you can pick up taa

cheers
acestu

cactikid
26th April, 2010, 11:03 PM
awaiting arrival of vu+plus duo by all reports one of the best .

acestu
16th July, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hi, Is this what you are talking about fellas ?, its about 400 notes, so if i got one of these babies with a diseq and a dish what am i looking to receive footy and film wise ?, ie would i be able to get games that are on sky sports and if so how much ?.

Thanks Again
Acestu

aftermath
17th July, 2010, 10:35 AM
as i mentioned above go for the VU+ box, its as easy as using a dreambox, and has all the support, the picture quality is not as good as an iPbox but its still quire good.

100% would be my choice.

i would gladly swap my Ipbox9000HD for one lol

bro
23rd July, 2010, 09:17 AM
that makes two of us lol

milanbota
24th July, 2010, 04:24 PM
personally i will not change my ipbox 910 for a dreambox or vu+ duo. i like picture quality but also its very interesting if you want to learn more and i have not problems using it as i am very familiar with linux