PDA

View Full Version : NEED TO STOP INTERNET CONNECTION HELP PLEASE

m9g
19th April, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hi

My boy has bought himself an iphone 3g on PAYG orange

Problem is it kkeps connecting to the internet and using his credit.

I've told him he must be accidentally pressing something thats requiring internet connection i.e facebook, itunes etc etc.

Is there a way of turning the orange internet connection off in the settings but still leaving the wifi connection to connect via our pc.

Regards

djsjackson2009
19th April, 2010, 09:36 PM
hi,i also have a iphone on orange but mines on pay monthly..the best thing to do would be to ring orange and ask them for a iphone add-on or bundle not sure what its called on PAYG but my friend did it and it costs around ?5 per month and gives you unlimited internet usage as the iphone is a smartphone and is designed to be always connected...if this is not a option then the only other thing i could say is make sure he logs off facebook wen not using as it runs in the background like many apps such as live messenger...etc and also goto settings and turn notifactions off other than this i aint sure how you would remove the orange settings.......hope this helps

dell_xps
20th April, 2010, 08:23 AM
Settings----general------network------cellular data network------then everything in the APN sections delete.
HTH

m9g
21st April, 2010, 09:35 PM
when i tried this after network was
enable 3g
data roaming
set up internet tethering
vnp
wi-fi

Which one do i go into?

Regards

M9G

m9g
24th April, 2010, 07:57 AM
Found out that those steps you suggested only works on firmware 2 but cellular network data isnt an option on firmware 3 but this following link works on firmware 3.x.x .....

5 Steps To Disable iPhone 3Gs OS 3.0 GPRS or Edge Connection | K-Director.com (http://www.k-director.com/blog/5-steps-to-disable-iphone-3gs-os-3-0-gprs-or-edge-connection/)

Not happy as my boys iphone used up ?20 credit in a week and he didnt know about it. Hopefully this has sorted it now

M9G

arthur_finteusan
29th May, 2010, 09:36 AM
download from app store the fake apn and install it, that resolve any problem

adolf7
31st May, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi.. Download Cydia BossPrefs and open then only CLOSED "DATA" then section and finish your internet.. if you need open then DATA section is open.. That's it.

Byes..