PDA

View Full Version : repair solution for dongle can of tacho

dollarbill
20th April, 2010, 12:27 AM
hello,

http://www.google.fr/images/cleardot.gifDoes it have a method for repair the dongle can, tacho if yes you can give me please thanks regards

drpeter
20th April, 2010, 06:22 AM
hello,

http://www.google.fr/images/cleardot.gifDoes it have a method for repair the dongle can, tacho if yes you can give me please thanks regards

Most likely the PIC chip in the dongle is defect, you can copy the software from a working dongle but this chip is very expensive, you can better buy some new dongles they are very cheap ( I have 6 spares) . And beware of damaging the dongle, first ignition on then insert cable!

Have someone tried to program a Mercedes C W203 with this CAN clone dongle? Haven't got it working yet, had to remove chip from cluster.

yasser
20th April, 2010, 07:06 AM
Yes, mine CAN adapter is working, and efore 2-3 weeks I change milleage on mercedes C W203 via dash connector.

I have problem with NEC adapter and maybe motorola mcu adapter. I tryed before to read one secured mcu from Mini Cooper but no sucsess.

Any solution for repairing those adapters?

drpeter
20th April, 2010, 08:02 AM
Yes, mine CAN adapter is working, and efore 2-3 weeks I change milleage on mercedes C W203 via dash connector.

I have problem with NEC adapter and maybe motorola mcu adapter. I tryed before to read one secured mcu from Mini Cooper but no sucsess.

Any solution for repairing those adapters?

Thanks for the reply mate, maybe my MB cable is faulty then ,wires looked okay, will check it out.
You can check the solderings of the NEC adapter, if test not okay, buy new one or two from ecutool (very cheap).
Mini before 2006, I had also problem with diga and cluster, I used Rosfar for that, for BCU I uesed diga, worked fine.
Mini 2008-up cluster m35080 (use E90 diga), and CAS3 Rosfar.

dollarbill
20th April, 2010, 09:07 AM
Most likely the PIC chip in the dongle is defect, you can copy the software from a working dongle but this chip is very expensive, you can better buy some new dongles they are very cheap ( I have 6 spares) . And beware of damaging the dongle, first ignition on then insert cable!

Have someone tried to program a Mercedes C W203 with this CAN clone dongle? Haven't got it working yet, had to remove chip from cluster.

thank you for the answers I look in my shop for electronic chip is expensive and it is the same price as the dongle in ecutool I will buy 2 drpeter are you sure that the dongle works fine from ecutool

drpeter
20th April, 2010, 09:21 AM
thank you for the answers I look in my shop for electronic chip is expensive and it is the same price as the dongle in ecutool I will buy 2 drpeter are you sure that the dongle works fine from ecutool

Yes 100% sure.

dollarbill
20th April, 2010, 11:23 AM
thanks;););)

yasser
21st April, 2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, maybe my MB cable is faulty then ,wires looked okay, will check it out.
You can check the solderings of the NEC adapter, if test not okay, buy new one or two from ecutool (very cheap).
Mini before 2006, I had also problem with diga and cluster, I used Rosfar for that, for BCU I uesed diga, worked fine.
Mini 2008-up cluster m35080 (use E90 diga), and CAS3 Rosfar.

Thank for your answer.
I Have no problem with NEC check test. Check test is OK, but when it start to connect with nec mcu then it stay verry long time and finaly nothing.
About motorola adapter, i tryed on mini and w203 EZS key ignition. Mini was with secured mcu, so problem is that this adapter not works wit secured motorola, then how produsers give instruction to work with w203. Motorola in w203 is also secured.

drpeter
21st April, 2010, 12:09 PM
Thank for your answer.
I Have no problem with NEC check test. Check test is OK, but when it start to connect with nec mcu then it stay verry long time and finaly nothing.
About motorola adapter, i tryed on mini and w203 EZS key ignition. Mini was with secured mcu, so problem is that this adapter not works wit secured motorola, then how produsers give instruction to work with w203. Motorola in w203 is also secured.

If the NEC test is ok then most of the time it works fine, maybe the solderings are not okay, I bought two pieces at ecutool.com, both where ok.

For newer W203 (after 2001/2002) you need Rosfar R260 or other programmer that reads secured MCU's.

Officer305
30th August, 2010, 08:56 PM
You boys certainly seem to know your stuff. Can you tell me how to make a second hand w203 dash ( Halfmoon shape pre 2003) virginal? What I would need and how to do it? Also do you know if the Digimaster II can change the mileage in the EIS mine is showing 6000000 plus. Should show 65301 miles. Thats what u get for trying to get a second hand dash to work? Do u know if its possible to put the newer round dials and get them to work properly? I am a bit thick so if you can PM me with instructions or make it simple on here I would be obliged. Is the easiest way to swop the eproms? Does that sort the drive authorisation thingy? What is the easiest way. Where is it on the dash? Thanks. Desperate.