PDA

View Full Version : CONNECT MY PRINTER TO BT HOME HUB ??

kingy999
20th April, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi

i have a bt home hub , i main computer that is connected by ethernet then 4 laptops connected by wireless , is there away to link the printer to the hub so i can print things from any computer / laptop ?? i am running windows 7 on some laptops and vista on some ??

also how is the a link that i can look at to show me what i can do with a ps3 and xbox 360 on the net ?

many thanks

dasteph
20th April, 2010, 04:24 PM
some one else on this forum wanted the same thing if the connection on the printer is ethernet then it is an ethernet cable into the home hub if you have got spare ports, if its usb on the printer then you will have to find a usb to ethernet cable if there is such a cable and try that. or some sort of hub that will convert usb to ethernet. i have a printer networked through a router but it has usb and ethernet connections also built in wifi.
found following on ebay which might serve the purpose you after.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wii-LAN-Internet-Adapter-USB-Ethernet-Cable-Network-New_W0QQitemZ280494424113QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Vid eoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_ JN?hash=item414ec54031

if you connect as manofscience states below then your main pc will act as a server and will have to run whenever you need to print from a laptop if you can get it to work through your hub then all pcs will be independant of each other.

ManofScience
20th April, 2010, 04:27 PM
Connect it to the main PC (as long as it's running Windows 7), create a 'homegroup' and connect all the Windows 7 laptops to that home group and they'll all be able to see it. quickest and easiest way.