PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500c problem

klippan1936
20th April, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hi,

got my Dreambox 500c from hongkong like 3 months ago, has worked fine besides the the screen freezes sometimes. This Sunday i turned it on to watch but the screen just flickers. I pull out the power cable, as my friend told me to do and tried to start it again...with now luck!
The green led light on the box shows that is on, but when i turn on the tv the only thing i can see is the "Thanx for using PLI image page" and it flickers. can?t turn the box of with the remote or on button on box....the only way is to take out the power cable!

Do someone know how to fix this? I am near to tears and angry as hell, and just want to crawl into a corner and cry!

What to do? Just throw it away and buy a new one or reflash? As i understand from comments here and on other pages i have red, it won?t work to reflash just....

psats
20th April, 2010, 07:38 PM
reload image with dreamup.

ranger2500
25th April, 2010, 08:15 PM
Hi,

got my Dreambox 500c from hongkong like 3 months ago, has worked fine besides the the screen freezes sometimes. This Sunday i turned it on to watch but the screen just flickers. I pull out the power cable, as my friend told me to do and tried to start it again...with now luck!
The green led light on the box shows that is on, but when i turn on the tv the only thing i can see is the "Thanx for using PLI image page" and it flickers. can?t turn the box of with the remote or on button on box....the only way is to take out the power cable!

Do someone know how to fix this? I am near to tears and angry as hell, and just want to crawl into a corner and cry!

What to do? Just throw it away and buy a new one or reflash? As i understand from comments here and on other pages i have red, it won?t work to reflash just....

is it on pal or ntsc check that first

pakmamu
5th July, 2010, 03:30 PM
what image is good for dreambox 500c in uk

ultrakiasu
6th July, 2010, 06:36 AM
I had similar experience.
My findings: the AC/DC adapter is to blame.

Changing to a newer stable 12VDC adapter, no longer will my Dreambox set behave erratic upon power up.

ababe1970
13th July, 2010, 09:16 AM
Morning all

Im new to this so please be gentle with me i purchased a dreambox 500c and it will only show the free view channels is this box nowe useless or is there a simple way to get it working agian pls help!!!!

psats
15th July, 2010, 11:36 AM
Morning all

Im new to this so please be gentle with me i purchased a dreambox 500c and it will only show the free view channels is this box nowe useless or is there a simple way to get it working agian pls help!!!!

if your area is n3 {new card} no fix

ManofScience
15th July, 2010, 11:41 AM
Yes, read this : http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/nagra-3-faq-105985/ and then this : http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/areas-receiving-new-cards-93125/

if you're still in an ok area then you will need the magic files - FTP them to the box, look in the relevant section, there's loads of guides on this.