PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Skoda Octavia car cranks but no start!

vevepatronu
21st April, 2010, 04:56 PM
2005 skoda octavia 66kw 1.9tdi
Engine : ALH

Has the folowing errors :

18057-p1649 Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ABS Controller
P1855-35

The car had a problem with the starter, it was repaired, now the car is trying to start and then keeps cranking in empty.... ABS controller has no errors...

This are the only errors, all other modules are fine...

Thanks for any help!

vkarahan
21st April, 2010, 05:07 PM
Check the vacuum hose over one of the fractures or dislocations

Meat-Head
21st April, 2010, 06:02 PM
that would suggust it is sucking in air from either the diesl spill pipes, or the fuel filter, is the little clip still on the filter?

Ashraf6119
21st April, 2010, 08:38 PM
Hi

This Engine's are very good at breaking Woodroof Key in Crank Shaft Gear. so, its worth checking your Timing Belt, it could be the timing have jumped.

Hope This Helps

Ash

vevepatronu
21st April, 2010, 11:03 PM
this was my second thought.... to check the timing belt... but will see, let me now if you have any other ideeas.... can't be the hoses....

nutloose
21st April, 2010, 11:11 PM
does it fire up on brake cleaner?....... Y= not timing error
does it bump start?.......... Y= dirty starter signal corrupting CPS
cranks, fires dies... EGR fault, burnt valve, fuel volume insufficient, low pressure pump faulty

mad_mark
22nd April, 2010, 08:49 AM
vevepatronu (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/55741-vevepatronu/), if you clear this error does it come back? if there was work done in engine bay then check ABS module cabling (wire harness near front driver-side suspension). Also launch vag-com, get into engine measuring blocks 125+ (cant remember which exactly) and check if communication with ABS on CAN is OK.

greg123
22nd April, 2010, 09:10 AM
Check the anti shutter valve (throttle) is open, they get jammed shut. Make sure the clear line to the injection pump is full of fuel and not too much air. Test the return line and crack off an injector to ensure you have fuel okay. As said give it a LITTLE sniff and see if the revs come up or if you think it has a mechanical issue. Very little stops these engines running.

Greg.

mad_mark
22nd April, 2010, 10:47 AM
does the 'spring' bulb comes on when you power up the instruments? if not check fuses and relays.

vevepatronu
22nd April, 2010, 05:22 PM
solved the problem, you can't beleive what was the problem.... all the plugs were ****ed up, were ok but doesn't worm like it should, just a little on the top.... after changing them the car started on the first crank....

mad_mark
22nd April, 2010, 05:50 PM
can't believe that... glow plugs dont really matter above +5C... i don't think it's colder in RO now.

Meat-Head
22nd April, 2010, 06:00 PM
that would suggest it needs glowplugs, because injectors are broken?

vevepatronu
22nd April, 2010, 06:53 PM
what can i say, if all glowplugs doesn't glow anymore the car won't start.... this was my symptom, after changing them all the car started at the first key, and now the car runs very well without any other problems....

mad_mark
22nd April, 2010, 09:24 PM
i think the problem was somewhere else... VE TDIs (agr, alh...) will start with bad glowplugs even in winter (-10C let's say, i have AGR TDI and i tested this). they will crank longer but they will start. i believe you had bad connections somewhere in power supply to pump or glow plugs. fixing glow plugs you may fixed bad cabling even not noticing you had it.

GolfmkI
22nd April, 2010, 10:57 PM
Rare situation, even without glow plugs tdi engines starts, probably a bit worst , but they starts sure............:deal:

Most important thing is you solve the problem.:top: