PDA

View Full Version : useing telnet

stavo
10th November, 2008, 07:58 PM
has any kind sole got a tute on how to use telnet i want to change my password on my dm i have a full insturction on what to do but havent got a clue on how to do it i can connect to my dm useing dcc as i have ftp keys but have never used telnet best regs stavo

krazylegz
10th November, 2008, 08:41 PM
download a program called putty the select telnet tab, insert your dreambox ip and current user name/password then follow instructions you have, if you need newer instruction give me a shout m8

saved you the hassle here it is m8 Digital Kaos - Downloads - putty (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/putty-390/)

Devilfish
10th November, 2008, 08:46 PM
So you've ftp'd keys to the box before then? So your box is already connected to your PC?

On your PC:

Start > Run > telnet ip.address.of.dreambox
(see pic)

Username: root
Password: dreambox

Then type:

passwd

Enter new password then enter it again and that's it changed.

stavo
10th November, 2008, 09:20 PM
it seems i am logging in to box and geting the option to enter new password but my key board dont wright am i missing something

hackenz
10th November, 2008, 10:54 PM
No you won't see the text you enter in case some one is looking over your shoulder:D. You have to enter the password twice for it to take affect, if they don't match you'll be told.

stavo
11th November, 2008, 08:07 PM
thanks chaps for all responces i think i changed my password as it told me in telnet now for my next problem i think something went wrong ive tryed to ftp to my config file it saying ime connected but nowt their in left hand collum ive tryed to use telnet again and got this clear login incorrect server has closed is this the norm can any one shed some light please