PDA

View Full Version : w163 aam module

rolexcomm
21st April, 2010, 06:49 PM
hey guys, kind of new to this end of repairs. Now I have a w163 which the aam module took a crap on. We got the new module in but the dealer won't let us use the shop key to program the transponders to the new aam. I was thinking since the original module is burned out, that I could just take the eprom from the old one and put them in the new one. Is this feasible and how would I go about it??? Or would it be better to try and read this one and and program the new one?

tomtom0785
17th October, 2010, 02:32 PM
would be better to take it to merc service station if you don't have the possibility to learn keys and functions on your own with a dealer system!
AAM_Module includes opening and lock functions, and also the RFID Key recognition and ist because of that also a part of the immobilising system - so only by soldering EPROM from old module, your problems won't be gone,....

euror
17th October, 2010, 02:48 PM
Keys can be learn by HHT, but the point is the AAM you ordered must be already coded.

crovmaster
13th September, 2011, 02:43 PM
a mi me paso lo mismo y finalmente no hubo otra opcion que comprar una llave original con el dealer.

Saludos