PDA

View Full Version : Grand Cherokee dash

florinyes
22nd April, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hi all

Had a go at this one through OBD socket and while writing the dongle decided to pack up..smoke coming out the 12f629 on cable dongle..

Now I've lost mileage digits on the dash, it only shows lines but no digits. All is Ok apart from this, I mean trip odometer still changes when driving, all needles works OK.

Any chance I can rescue this?? Disconected battery to reboot but still no good. :motz:

Regards

PS. year 2002

florinyes
22nd April, 2010, 05:04 PM
Can someone check on a good known Chrysler dongle cable No33 order of cable:

-red obd_16
-brown obd_4+5
-black obd_2

or

-red obd_16
-black obd_4+5
-brown obd_2

Got 2 cables here and not the same hence the question..

Regards

aeroyas
22nd April, 2010, 05:53 PM
try to find a good dump and program it to eeprom i think 93C76

florinyes
22nd April, 2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry mate, forgot to mention year 2002..so it's a motorola mcu on it..

Just been for another spin around the block and digits back on now...Just need to sort out my cable to do it tomorrow or should just forget diga and read it with programmer??

florinyes
23rd April, 2010, 08:52 AM
Can someone check on a good known Chrysler dongle cable No33 order of cable:

-red obd_16
-brown obd_4+5
-black obd_2

or

-red obd_16
-black obd_4+5
-brown obd_2

Got 2 cables here and not the same hence the question..

Regards

Can anyone help with wiring??

Regards

florinyes
24th April, 2010, 09:57 AM
Anyone done mileage on one of this via obd or direct? Ain't got the car here but looking to get to it again.

Can anyone help? Am I right Motorola 912 in it?

Regards

mikeslocks
24th April, 2010, 10:03 AM
Miles or km. post bin please.

Aniskey
24th April, 2010, 10:08 AM
i think can help

florinyes
24th April, 2010, 10:33 AM
i think can help

Got that mate but those 4 red wires on bottom left.....no numbers on them and not sure I know how to connect them..

doxa
10th November, 2010, 12:35 AM
Hi all

Had a go at this one through OBD socket and while writing the dongle decided to pack up..smoke coming out the 12f629 on cable dongle..

Now I've lost mileage digits on the dash, it only shows lines but no digits. All is Ok apart from this, I mean trip odometer still changes when driving, all needles works OK.

Any chance I can rescue this?? Disconected battery to reboot but still no good. :motz:

Regards

PS. year 2002

You must return "true" old status miles, through the OBD and after work Motrorola MCU with USB UPA.
This is the only way to be OK.Ja I have the same problem as you, with Diga.Regards
Diga work via dash conneckt with special cable for Cheeroki

alimmo
10th November, 2010, 02:42 AM
I have done this car after much sorting out, just do the following and all should be ok.

You need to use the Cherokee dash plug cable,but make sure the cable is working (see attached cable schematic) ie power coming from all red wires etc. use diagram back of dash connector(also attached) with Grand Cherokee After 4/99 from menu to connect and it will work trust me.

Please report back and let us know, Good luck

alimmo
10th November, 2010, 03:13 AM
Sorry having problems in uploading the dash connection pic

justy22
11th November, 2010, 06:41 PM
Hi all

Regards

PS. year 2002

In Future Never ever turn ignition with cable connected, turn ignition first then connect cable as it will fry

Sure that model needs ignition off to do via obd

rcvantonio
11th November, 2010, 07:11 PM
G. Cherokee, 2002, you can not do for OBD. It is made with the connector behind the instrument panel or directly to the MPU .I think I can recall doing so.
Cheers

florinyes
11th November, 2010, 07:22 PM
Guys,
thanks for your reply but this is a quite old thread..

Justy22 didn't turn ignition on with cable connected..ignition on and then plug in..

regards

roth18
1st April, 2011, 01:24 AM
I have done this car after much sorting out, just do the following and all should be ok.

You need to use the Cherokee dash plug cable,but make sure the cable is working (see attached cable schematic) ie power coming from all red wires etc. use diagram back of dash connector(also attached) with Grand Cherokee After 4/99 from menu to connect and it will work trust me.

Please report back and let us know, Good luck

Confirmed it works. TU did not read the ori mi and there was no power on red/black leads when started but input desired mi (have to be in KM) and it will program fine, power comes on when programing.

honingkoning
1st April, 2011, 10:58 AM
G. Cherokee, 2002, you can not do for OBD. It is made with the connector behind the instrument panel or directly to the MPU .I think I can recall doing so.
Cheers

Well 2 weeks ago i did a 2004 cherokee (not a grand cherokee) through obd with TU.
The strange thing was that i was able to read the correct milleage through obd, but milleage would not change.
Than i removed connector put ingition on connected the cable to car than to TU read ori milleage, change milleage.
Dash ressets and then giving error.:beheaded:
I thougt i messed up the dash, then i start the car everything works except milleage giving error.
Ignition off connect cable and TU to car read milleage like ?????????? change mileage and the new milleage was there.

Happy ever after.:dancing:

almeida
2nd April, 2011, 12:12 AM
hello honigkoning,
tell me one thing you use wish cable to do by obd? the normal or the can
you do the job with ignition on or off?
thanks

honingkoning
2nd April, 2011, 10:47 PM
hello honigkoning,
tell me one thing you use wish cable to do by obd? the normal or the can
you do the job with ignition on or off?
thanks

See the upload for the cable i used, and like i said with ignition off i could read the milleage but was not able to change it.
Than i did ignition on, read ori milleage, changed milleage, the dash says error in dislpay.
ignition off again read milleage like ????????????, change milleage and everything was ok.

But this was on a cherokee not a grand cherokee and dont use the autodetect function but go the car in the TU menu.

Regards Honingkoning.

Pzolee
9th December, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hi!

Please help my friends :-)

2001 Grand Cherokee, 2.7 CRDI, needs km correction. Tacho Universal can't do it with dash cable or obd... :-(
Any tips and suggestions?

Many thanks!

florinyes
9th December, 2011, 12:51 PM
Motorola mcu, read it and post dump..

Pzolee
9th December, 2011, 01:06 PM
How to Tacho universal? Or Xprog?

almeida
9th December, 2011, 01:35 PM
see this pdf
you must take all the lamps out