PDA

View Full Version : a3 hot start problem

gerad
23rd April, 2010, 12:09 AM
on a a3 2.0d 2005 year the engine(BKD) starts hard when it is hot .. please help , ecu dump ( with galleto 1260 ) , tanks in advance and sorry for my bad english .

rabie_m
23rd April, 2010, 12:12 AM
what you need immo off

gerad
23rd April, 2010, 12:24 AM
not immo off... i have the key ... the engine does not start propely ( starts after several seconds ) i think the glow plugs are not powered enough

z786
23rd April, 2010, 02:11 AM
post diagnostics results, dtcs from all modules

treo
23rd April, 2010, 06:20 AM
Hi
If ECT sensor is good you need resoft ECU.

VOLUMAX
23rd April, 2010, 07:12 AM
Post the dump !

Jamo
23rd April, 2010, 08:27 AM
Hi
it's known problem in Audi & VW cars , when the car is cold
it starts without any problem , when it's hot , it's diffuclt .
in French we call that " D?marreur " :D or Starter it needs to be change .
hope helps

Albanais
23rd April, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hi
it's known problem in Audi & VW cars , when the car is cold
it starts without any problem , when it's hot , it's diffuclt .
in French we call that " D?marreur " :D or Starter it needs to be change .
hope helps
Exactement, Yes this is true either you open your starter and you grease it inside either you put a new one and the problem is solved. I suppose that you have 2.0 engine tdi, if is that just do what we mentioned before and problem will be fixed
:top:

VOLUMAX
23rd April, 2010, 09:14 AM
Yes it is true. The problem is in lower engine rpm while cranking!

But this problem can be also solved with soft remap .

gerad
23rd April, 2010, 10:23 AM
i know i need a remap here is the dump

VOLUMAX
23rd April, 2010, 12:20 PM
You must to check your PM box !

Regards !

carclima
23rd April, 2010, 06:47 PM
on a a3 2.0d 2005 year the engine(BKD) starts hard when it is hot .. please help , ecu dump ( with galleto 1260 ) , tanks in advance and sorry for my bad english .
..well my friend I am old school car electrician..so first step should be to check RPM when you start youre car..compare it with cold/hot start..IF this is OK (very rare is OK) then you can use 1 resistor 1 diode and one small relay..conect this 3 parts so engine ECU always have info that engine is only-5 c. so glow plug is ON on every youre start..of course you dont need to wait whole time for glow period to pass..on hot engine 2 sec will be fine..car start with first turn the starter..when engine is runing alternator via diode simple engage relay from begining of this long post,relay will bypass resistor and ECU will receive corect measurment..so nobody fools the ECU when engine is runing...or you can play with dumps/flash....but my first solution is always this upper story probaly old school tricks

regards!

gerad
25th April, 2010, 02:44 AM
tanks to VOLUMAX and the rest of you ... after resoft car starts ok :D

b1k3
30th May, 2010, 09:04 PM
Raga also my car has this problem, like fixing? volumax rar file has the password and cannot see how it worked out: (
http://www.google.it/images/cleardot.gif

nikoz
30th May, 2010, 09:21 PM
DO you change a clutch? if you did then it is possible for the problem. I have that situation on GOLF 5. I work as carmehanicar

sjonv
30th May, 2010, 09:33 PM
i think this is a common fault indeed. i did several hot start problems with changing of the software.

Always succeed

jbvo
17th June, 2010, 09:07 PM
i think this is a common fault indeed. i did several hot start problems with changing of the software.

Always succeed

It's mentioned on several forums indeed. The ECU thinks the motor is hot, so not enough fuel is added to actually start the motor immediately. While starting the ECU detects that's it's not actually that easy to start and more fuel is injected. This was the explanation that I found at some Audi and TDI forums.

honingkoning
19th June, 2010, 02:12 AM
Post the dump !

Hello i have a question i have the same problem with my golf
Can you pls do my ecu data also.
I already have a downloaded it with a galleto.

Regards

A3COSMIN
23rd June, 2010, 07:28 PM
But this problem can be also solved with soft remap .

hello, i have the same problem at the same car a3 2.0tdi 2004 year the engine(BKD) and starts hard when it is hot. can help me please! :giveup:

etka
23rd June, 2010, 07:52 PM
common issue for 2.0 pd diesel, low cranking rpm so crank pick up signal is insufficient for the engine ecu = replace starter motor, also fuel pressure loss at the injectors causes a very similar problem

A3COSMIN
25th June, 2010, 07:20 AM
Post the dump !
THIS IS MY DUMP
I look forward ...

VOLUMAX
1st July, 2010, 08:53 PM
THIS IS MY DUMP
I look forward ...

here is it :

elcarpuz
10th July, 2010, 01:13 PM
Hi, i have similar problem to my A3, can you help me?

i post my dump

b1k3
26th December, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hi, i have similar problem to my A3, can you help me?

i post my dump

here is the file you are looking