PDA

View Full Version : How to reduce obometer?

enfrog
23rd April, 2010, 06:39 AM
Hello. andyone know what tools can reset ford focus obometer?

lupu_sandu
23rd April, 2010, 06:55 AM
Odometer. What year? UPA USB will do the job for this model.

enfrog
25th April, 2010, 08:16 AM
Odometer. What year? UPA USB will do the job for this model.
Really?
The cars were europe type of ford focus 2005~2008.
Please send private messages for me about UPA USB detail information. thanks!!:laugh:

lupu_sandu
25th April, 2010, 10:13 AM
Most of Focus after 2005 have MCU Motorola MC9S12HP256VPV.
UPA will read w/o problem this MCU. Nyo4 will modify dump and you are done.
I recomend UPA original from ELRASOFT Products (http://www.elrasoft.com)

enfrog
4th May, 2010, 08:10 AM
Most of Focus after 2005 have MCU Motorola MC9S12HP256VPV.
UPA will read w/o problem this MCU. Nyo4 will modify dump and you are done.
I recomend UPA original from ELRASOFT Products (http://www.elrasoft.com)
:afraid:My IC use MC9S12HXZ512...
Have any methods to rewrite odometer through OBD-II connect like VCM?

tachonow
4th May, 2010, 08:13 AM
Look here you will find tha tool that you need to do this job by obd.
www.smok.com.pl (http://www.smok.com.pl)

yasser
4th May, 2010, 08:14 AM
On Ford - NO.
You have to disassemble the dash and open it and connect to MCU OR
you can use Tacho Universal (Diga consult) to do it.

z786
4th May, 2010, 09:24 PM
it is possible via obd mate

Rito
4th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
Yes diga can do it.sure....
Cable 912 but almost all cables clones not work.....

tachonow
5th May, 2010, 07:00 AM
The tool from Smok can do all Ford Can by obd . Is tested.

enfrog
1st June, 2010, 04:04 AM
Look here you will find tha tool that you need to do this job by obd.
www.smok.com.pl (http://www.smok.com.pl)
WOW....It is so expensive....I just need to use once.

Carobdii
1st June, 2010, 04:17 AM
Hi, sir, how about Mileage-Master-PC-Version, it can help you reduce the odometer. And the price will more competitive than the other tools.

enfrog
4th June, 2010, 07:27 AM
Hi, sir, how about Mileage-Master-PC-Version, it can help you reduce the odometer. And the price will more competitive than the other tools.
Thank your info,but your product seems not met my request.

hcip
4th June, 2010, 03:42 PM
Yes diga can do it.sure....
Cable 912 but almost all cables clones not work.....

How???????? this micro has X-Gate technology
Are you sure it can do by my Diga original?

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/hcip/Focus2008.jpg

autocargo
25th July, 2010, 02:37 PM
Could someone confirm if following are equivalents. I'm using Upa-Usb but I can't find this eeproms and MCU's on Upa software...

95128=25C128
95256=25C256
MC9S12HP256VPV=MC9S12H256

And is there are other please post them, they may come useful to many members. Thanks.

Regards

cjawahir
25th July, 2010, 03:38 PM
also note if you mess up this dump your car will not start .

cj

UpliftHumanity
31st July, 2010, 05:02 PM
Does someone know where I can find a good tutorial on this.
I have with me a 2008 Ford Focus SES which was sold in Canada.

I don't really have the time with this car to run any trial and errors.

Any good resources on hardware/software regarding this topic. (torrents, web sites, Ebooks etc.) Please send my way.

There has to be a solid resource on this somewhere.
I just don't want to start plugging things into my car without all the details on what can go wrong first - I also want to know how to do this for myself.

All the best. Great thriving community you've got here.

z786
31st July, 2010, 06:44 PM
Does someone know where I can find a good tutorial on this.

I have with me a 2008 Ford Focus SES which was sold in Canada.

I don't really have the time with this car to run any trial and errors.

Any good resources on hardware/software regarding this topic. (torrents, web sites, Ebooks etc.) Please send my way.

There has to be a solid resource on this somewhere.
I just don't want to start plugging things into my car without all the details on what can go wrong first - I also want to know how to do this for myself.

All the best. Great thriving community you've got here.

would you like large fries with that order mate?

if you havnt got time mate then this isnt the thing for you
second of all. sods law, if anything can go wrong it will.
you need atleast $4500 to even start having the thought to "plug in"
if not you will need soldering/desoldering skills, mcu/eeprom programming skills, a hot air rework station to say the least and another $400 for a decent programmer

diet coke?

florinyes
31st July, 2010, 07:23 PM
It's amazing how demanding some people are..:musicus:

justy22
31st July, 2010, 07:46 PM

My mate let me loose on some damaged late model cars with my tacho universal to play about and done a few models via obd port never thought possible with tacho universal including Focus, gonna compile my own manual for it with a list of models , its a very powerfull tool just poor support, i wonder how we could get all the latest info and updates from digi consult

z786
31st July, 2010, 11:32 PM
sorry, did i read this right
you did a focus via obd usin ur tacho?
wat year and wat menu and wich cable?

UpliftHumanity
1st August, 2010, 02:54 AM
would you like large fries with that order mate?

if you havnt got time mate then this isnt the thing for you
second of all. sods law, if anything can go wrong it will.
you need atleast $4500 to even start having the thought to "plug in"
if not you will need soldering/desoldering skills, mcu/eeprom programming skills, a hot air rework station to say the least and another $400 for a decent programmer

diet coke?

I'm not asking someone to make one for me.
I figured with all this talent and ego on the board, someone would have showcased their skills and already had something to get people started. Forgive me for looking for someone to cut and paste some good resource links.

I'm not going to take the time to hash out a step by step if someone has already paved the way. That would be foolish. Take what they know and build off it. Why make the same mistake other people already made and documented?

If you need a $7500 setup to get at a chip and manipulate the data on it, then I think I'm looking in the wrong spot. It doesn't matter if its an xbox chip or a warhead chip, manipulating 1's and 0's don't take that much hardware.

Thanks.

- For the future, no diet, it's worse off for you.

If anyone has them resources, that would be awesome.

z786
1st August, 2010, 03:15 AM
mate, forgive my humor
but that was a nice way of me explaining, ITS NOT SIMPLE

iv never worked on an xbox or a warhead for that matter.

but fixing dashes for years, i am still learning and i still mess up.

another thing is that working with dashboards is a b*stard job, manipulating them 1's and 0's isnt so simple when the car fails to start

bottom line is, if you want 2 "plug in" and do the job without gettin your hands dirty so to speak would be about $4500, but sayin that even then you could destroy the dash lol

otherwise mate, remove the dash, take it apart, remove needles, and locate MCU (thats the chip) i think it should be a MC9S12, connect to it by solderin a few wires to its legs, read the dump (thats the 1's n 0's) post it on here and im sure some nice person will edit the file for you, dump the modified file back in, rebuild cluster, pray your car starts.

as for ebooks, youd have 2 invest about 11.000 usd in a proper tool and they will give you all the pdfs and support you'l need. other than that mate im afraid thats all i can say

(Deep breath)

hav fun

UpliftHumanity
1st August, 2010, 03:43 AM
beauty, thanks, thats the kind of perspective I've been looking for.

how do i get my hands on the pdf's and what not before I actually shell out and buy an $11k super computer?

Reading more and more into it, I can see why the costs add up. Its physically and softly reverse engineering a car. Even if I'm able to get my results with one tool, there are still 4 other chips that need other tools to align the data.

I'm assuming all the data is laced with each other. So changing one function will affect 5 other unrelated functions, just because. Almost as a security feature against tampering. With all those systems needing to collaborate on an item such as a car...I'm assuming that is where you're getting into the massive setups.

haha I get humor, I just have a drier/darker way of receiving it and responding to it.

thanks for the insight.

now who's writing the text book?

if i were to ask around town for someone who would already have this setup, how would I go about doing it. And once I get someone, how do I know they're using the best methods/equipment?

z786
1st August, 2010, 03:55 AM
to be honest mate, alot of people have the pdf's but most likely wont share as they shelled out thousands to obtain

but in the end they will all tell you wat iv wrote above

as you said, the car has mileage in more than 1 place, including the engine ecu if its a diesel.

your car shouldnt be a problem once you done the dash, if it was a BMW i would felt sorry 4 u lol

you need 2 find someone who does "mileage correction" and if they are changing your mileage via the diagnostic port on the car id say thats a good method, but sayin that, theres people that can do it by manually editing it like iv stated with their eyes closed lol

cjawahir
1st August, 2010, 04:01 AM
UpliftHumanity (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/195552-uplifthumanity/)

hi , if you notice my post just before you made yours , i said something , did you think i made a joke .

when the immo system is mess up its hell to get it to work again , i say try a very simple cluster first , lets say nissan 2002 model , nothing to worry about .

if you are working on a car for the first time , try to get the service manual , and study it well .

cj

UpliftHumanity
4th August, 2010, 07:59 PM
thanks for all the input.

I didn't mean to insult the industry by diving in and saying "I wanna know it all, now. I'm a noob and here to take over the industry."

More so on a mission for results and this is one step of the way. The sooner I get there the better.

I want all the information I can now, so I can submerge myself into it, get know the industry, and if I feel i can pull it off myself, I will and I will work through whatever comes up. If I don't feel I can do it (which is usually only a hardware restriction and the work around is WAY too time consuming), then I know all the information to make an educated decision on who I will pay to get the job done, and make sure I get a quality job.

Usually stuff like this has a best practice. And when it comes to parity bits, once you've done one, you've done them all. If all the 1's and 0's are all the same and on the same hardware...then it will operate the same...someone with a ford focus 2008 SES might have already done this. If it doesn't operate the same, you figure out what is different and correct it or build on it and document every step of the way for the next noob who jumps on here demanding whats up.

Thanks again for the input.
I found an awesome solution.

Buddy has a 2008 ford focus that was torched. on the rear side, pointless to rebuild, but the computer components i need are perfect and it was only driven for 40 km before i caught fire. (leave it to ford....)

anyways...he says its possible to just swap the hardware with the stuff that has the lower KM information.

to me, from what i know about changing the information on the current hardware is complicated enough....

would it be easier and cleaner to just swap the chips?

actually, I'm gonna post this in a new thread...kind of a whole new topic...